KB article: The value of a shared variable changed by a WAIT

Posted by Stefan Marquardt on 07-Sep-2015 07:18

http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000062069?popup=true

Do I understand this KB correct that OE is changing variable data in memory by itself?

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 07-Sep-2015 07:22

"There is a bug and the AVM is writing the value returned by ShowDialog in the wrong location, which happens to be the same place that g_LongDateFormat is stored"

I guess you got it right. Whoever ran into that error should request a hotfix.

Posted by Lieven De Foor on 09-Sep-2015 10:01

We reported this bug.

Apparently the wrong memory location (i.e. the location of a shared variable) was overwritten instead of the DialogResult of a .net WAIT-FOR ShowDialog().

The variable contained garbage, but we only noticed it when it was actually being used elsewhere, so it took quite some time to figure out what was going wrong and how to get a reproducible scenario...

We've got a hotfix on 11.3.3, which is what our customers are currently using in production.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 09-Sep-2015 10:07

Interestingly, 11.3.3 is not mentioned in the K-Base article J

Can you share the hotfix no with us, so that we know, what we should request from tech support? Thx!!!