ABL run programs >> .NET run forms conversion

Posted by Andrzej_Sz on 05-Sep-2015 13:10

I'm starting with ABL to .NET application conversion. In my ABL application I used many times such a calling sequence:

app1.w
CURRENT-WINDOW:SENSITIVE = NO.
RUN app2.w(INPUT parameter1, OUTPUT parameter2).
CURRENT-WINDOW:SENSITIVE = YES.
How to transform ABL call (app1.w,app2.w) with disable caller into .NET forms (Form1.cls, Form2.cls) run. I can't use Dialog Form because Form2 could be also a main function in different context.

Regards

Andrzej

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 05-Sep-2015 15:52

"I can't use Dialog Form because Form2 could be also a main function in different context."

Sure you can :-)

The big different between ABL Dialog/Window on .NET Forms is, that the same .NET Form can be used as a modal dialog and an non-modal window.

It just depends on

oForm:Show().

or

WAIT-FOR oForm:ShowDialog() SET oDialogResult .

Posted by Andrzej_Sz on 06-Sep-2015 14:44

Thank you, now it's clear.

And one more problem related to WAIT-FOR in .NET - lack of "PAUSE n" option. How to log off inactive users from "oForm", especially those blocking records for editing.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 06-Sep-2015 14:54

That is no standard functionaliy of the .NET wait-for. There are a few options discussed in

community.progress.com/.../13419.aspx and

community.progress.com/.../2479.aspx

Posted by Andrzej_Sz on 08-Sep-2015 00:46

Thank you very much, Mike. It's a very pity there is no standard option for so usefull functionality. Did you try any of them - for me (I'm begginer in .NET) they are to difficult to implement.

Posted by Lieven De Foor on 09-Sep-2015 10:03

We're using the ApplicationIdle component, as I mentioned in one of the threads Mike's referring to, and this seems to work pretty good...

This thread is closed