PDSOE 11.5.1 run/debug: database ... already connected

Posted by PapaLee on 13-Aug-2015 12:18

I have a project with a db connection so check syntax and all that good stuff works.

I've defined a Run configuration for the project to Start new OpenEdge AVM. Runing a program results in database is already connected warning. This occurs when Use project database connections is checked and when it's unchecked with a database connection selected. If no database connection is supplied then the run fails during compile with unknown database/table errors.

Does anyone know the secret handshake to make this work w/o the warning?

TIA

P.S. I've spent time googling and digging through Progress Communities, Knowledgebase and documentation without uncovering the answer.

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 13-Aug-2015 12:28

Are you using a .pf file somewhere in your run configuration that has that database connecting to it on startup?

[collapse]
From: PapaLee [mailto:bounce-PapaLee@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 1:19 PM
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Development] PDSOE 11.5.1 run/debug: database ... already connected

Thread created by PapaLee

I have a project with a db connection so check syntax and all that good stuff works.

I've defined a Run configuration for the project to Start new OpenEdge AVM. Runing a program results in database is already connected warning. This occurs when Use project database connections is checked and when it's unchecked with a database connection selected. If no database connection is supplied then the run fails during compile with unknown database/table errors.

Does anyone know the secret handshake to make this work w/o the warning?

TIA

P.S. I've spent time googling and digging through Progress Communities, Knowledgebase and documentation without uncovering the answer.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by PapaLee on 13-Aug-2015 12:33

Yes. I'll tweak that.

Thanks!

Posted by PapaLee on 13-Aug-2015 12:37

Problem solved.

Of course that makes sense now.

Thanks again.

This thread is closed