PDSOE 11.5.1 Run Configuration Environment Variables not rec

Posted by PapaLee on 12-Aug-2015 14:32

I'm trying to set up run configurations for various projects which require specific environment variables. So, I went to the Environment tab of Run Configurations and added some variable (e.g. MY_VAR1 = SOMEVALUE). My assumption was when a executed OS-GETENV("MY_VAR1") it would return "SOMEVALUE". Much to my chagrin, it returned ?.

I've tried restarting PDSOE, restarting the AVM to no avail.

Are my expectations unreasonable? Or this there some dependency I'm missing? Or ...?

TIA.

All Replies

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 12-Aug-2015 15:03

Your expectations are reasonable, IMHO, but my experience is that environment variables do not work in Windows.  Irritating, I know.

Posted by gus on 12-Aug-2015 17:08

they should work.

Posted by Matt Baker on 12-Aug-2015 18:01

Just tried it in 11.6 bits.  Works fine.  Don't know why it wouldn't work in 11.5.1.

Posted by Swathi Yellavaram on 13-Aug-2015 00:18

Support for Path variables is implemented as part of 11.6. It is not there in 11.5.1.

Thanks,

Swathi.

Posted by Suresh Inavolu on 13-Aug-2015 08:26

Are you reusing the project avm - can you try to use a new avm for each run? In the main tab of launch configuration - OpenEdge AVM group, use "Start new OpenEdge AVM". Only when you use the new AVM, the environment variables will be passed.

Posted by PapaLee on 13-Aug-2015 09:34

My problem is with Environment variables, not Path variables.

Posted by PapaLee on 13-Aug-2015 09:36

I've tried both, but there are other problems with my setup that may adding to my confusion. I'll get those fixed and see if it solves the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted by PapaLee on 13-Aug-2015 12:00

I have the Environment variable substitution working as expected. I'm not exactly sure what change fixed it, but I'm not arguing with success at the moment. :)

Thanks all!

This thread is closed