Web-based reporting solutions?

Posted by Rom Elwell on 27-Jul-2015 08:08

I'm curious to know what, if any, web-based reporting solution you would recommend?  For the scope of this exercise, the DB is Progress OpenEdge currently serving ProDataSets/ADO.NET Datasets.  The web-based reporting solution would need to support operational reporting, ad-hoc reporting, and access to the report designer at run-time. Integration with PDSOE is not required.

All Replies

Posted by blichal on 27-Jul-2015 12:57

you might want to try the free docxfactory project.

supports every 1d and 2d barcode in the world, 70+ chart types and tons of other features.

you can merge xml and json (or any data structure that you can convert to xml and json).

generates docx, pdf or other files types.

the design is done in msword which everyone already knows and you can get lots of free or buy templates.

plus it's free and i've been putting it off but it will soon be open sourced.

disclosure: i wrote the project.

Posted by Rom Elwell on 27-Jul-2015 14:32

[quote user="blichal"]

you might want to try the free docxfactory project.

supports every 1d and 2d barcode in the world, 70+ chart types and tons of other features.

you can merge xml and json (or any data structure that you can convert to xml and json).

generates docx, pdf or other files types.

the design is done in msword which everyone already knows and you can get lots of free or buy templates.

plus it's free and i've been putting it off but it will soon be open sourced.

disclosure: i wrote the project.

[/quote]

Thanks!  I just downloaded the documentation and will give it a read.

Posted by Marian Edu on 28-Jul-2015 00:41

You might want to take a look at Jasper Reports (community.jaspersoft.com/.../jasperreports-server) and DataPA (enterprise.datapa.com/DataPA)... there is also a new kid on the block Analytics360 (forms.progress.com/360-index), no idea what they bring plus to Logi Analytics (http://www.logianalytics.com), maybe more support to have it working in a Progress environment.

Posted by ian4eto on 24-Aug-2015 04:18

You can also check Telerik Report Server (www.telerik.com/report-server) - it's a web solution for storing and managing ad-hoc reports. It'll soon have scheduling. It comes with desktop end-user report designer and it is in the plans that you can connect to OpenEdge database directly through nice and and easy to use wizards.
If you need more information, let me know. We can discuss it via email.

Iana

This thread is closed