output to printer not working

Posted by jdrouil on 13-Jul-2015 05:35

I am pretty sure this is not a progress issue.  Progress Openedge 11.5.  4gl.  But thought I might get some help here.

Progress 4gl output to printer (simple report) goes to the Windoes (8.1 64) print queue for the default printer, wireless Brother Laser model HL-2270DW.

If the printer is paused, I see the report clearly in the queue.  When I un-pause the printer, the report does not print, just disappears.

Thanks 

- Joe

All Replies

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 13-Jul-2015 07:27

Does the report use the PUT CONTROL statement or is the session started with -Wa -wpp? There's a known issue with RAW printing on Windows 8 due to a change in the printer driver model. PUT CONTROL and -Wa -wpp put the session into RAW printing mode and can trigger the issue.

Posted by jdrouil on 14-Jul-2015 04:46

Thanks for your reply Matt.  This report does not use PUT CONTROL.  (Although, I have others that do).

I use -Wa -wpp.  I tried removing it and it got the same results.  Output document flashes in the printer screen, but nothing prints.  Is there any workaround or patch?   Is this only a Windows 8 issue, or is it also in Windows 7?  Thanks again.

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 14-Jul-2015 04:57

The issue I mentioned happens only on Windows 8. If your issue still occurs without -Wa -wpp I don't think it's the same problem. There isn't a fix for this issue yet and I don't know of a workaround.

This thread is closed