Telerik WinForm Development in Visual Designer - Buggy?

Posted by Rom Elwell on 10-Jul-2015 12:44

Windows 7 Ultimate

OpenEdge 11.5

Eclipse Version 4.3.1 Build: M20130911-1000

Telerik UI for WinForm controls (Trial) - 2015.2.623

I am experiencing atypical behavior in the Visual Designer when trying to create a simple proof-of-concept Telerik Form with a few controls.  Often times the Visual Designer becomes unresponsive for 30 seconds or more.  Other times, after dragging a control onto the form, the mouse pointer still holds onto the last Control object dropped and will not allow me to treat it as a pointer to select other Controls on the form.  Instead, in these cases, every click of the mouse drops another copy of the last Control selected.  At other times, when the mouse pointer is acting as a pointer, the Visual Designer does not register mouse clicks to select a Control to edit.  I can click on any Control, including the Form, and the Designer does not register my actions.

In all cases, if I stop/restart the project AVM, all previously described issues are resolved and I can continue working for a period of time measure in minutes before the issues begin to manifest again.

Since I am unable to find references to this behavior from other users in the Community, I am assuming the scope of the issues I’ve reported is limited to just me.  Can anyone recommend to me options/settings that I can review in my development environment that might help me diagnose the root cause?

Thanks!

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 10-Jul-2015 12:53

Rom,

I think you should open a support case for this.

Brian

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 10-Jul-2015 12:53

Rom,

I think you should open a support case for this.

Brian

Posted by Rom Elwell on 10-Jul-2015 13:02

Brian,  Thanks for the suggestion.  I have submitted a Case to Support at this time.  

This thread is closed