The COLOSSAL_PAIN_IN_MY WebSpeed error from messenger proces

Posted by Ramon on 02-Jul-2015 08:36

WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)

where is the patch to fix this ?

Progress 11.3

OS: WIN7

IIS : IIS7

ASP : Unknown (the installed by default with by Visual Studio update 4)

Do I need change the framework every time I need the the webspeeed server?

Windows 7 refused  the "add feature"  ASP/ .net/CGI setting

and here is when the game begin repeating the error~: "go and  add the feeeeature" or whatever the message is (dont remember ) , but the feature can't be added, replays window.

I have tried not 64 : 3664 possible bogus solutions and 2 days in google and after all that the progress page saying contact your server administrator.

the error is pretty simple :

WebSpeed error from messenger process (6019)

Msngr: Failed to connect to the specified WebSpeed named service. Verify that the service has been started. Verify the configuration for the service is correct. (5804): Error -65

under OS : Win7 with IIS7 , Progress 11.3, Visual S5tudio community 2013  (4 upgrade)

that's all

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 02-Jul-2015 08:50

Ramon,

A quick search of the knowledgebase shows 64 possible reasons for this error to be generated.

I strongly recommend that you gather whatever information you have (log files, details as to when / with what program(s) it happens, etc) and open a call with Tech Support.

Sincerely, Brian Maher

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 02-Jul-2015 09:00

Ø  where is the patch to fix this ?

In providing some meaningful details of your configuration rather than just stating the final outcome.
That would be a good start.

Otherwise as Brian pointed out, there are plenty of articles on this error in the KB, you can check them one by one and see which one matches your undisclosed configuration.

[collapse]