Error during openedge tooling issue - crashes eclipse

Posted by Darren Parr on 29-Jun-2015 11:49

Hi

I have a developer who has just upgraded their eclipse environment from 11.3 to 11.5.1. We have eclipse coming up and then we see a permissions error on screen during which eclipse is saying "initializing openedge tooling". The permissions error is error number 354.

It says Unable to open or create lbia09876 error 2 (354)

Its clear that eclipse is running another java process which seems to be running progress to do the tooling. Whats bizarre is that I can't see the task in task manager. All I can see is the Project AVM and this is fine as I see it come up and connect to dbs in the console.

I've checked the project references for the project and it all now says 11.5. The temp folder did say 11.3 but we've since sorted that issue. I don't want to trash the users workspace as the setup needed is going to be massive. Any ideas how to we might get this working.

Thanks

Darren

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 29-Jun-2015 11:56

lbi files are “local bi files”  They are created/managed by the progress AVM, not eclipse.  That is a progress error message (given the number at the end of it).

The tooling which is basically and r-code scan to find class files and internal procedure structure is done on a background thread, its not part of a separate process.

Check your –T setting (in project properties) and verify that the directory it points to exists.

[collapse]