ZEBRA SCANNER SDK FOR WINDOWS

Posted by PeterWokke on 23-Jun-2015 06:37

Who  has experience with the ZEBRA SCANNER SDK FOR WINDOWS (Motorola/Symbol).

With kind regards,

Peter Wokke

All Replies

Posted by Garry Hall on 24-Jun-2015 14:45

I personally have not seen any OpenEdge applications using Zebra Scanner SDK for Windows (meaning, I haven't dealt with any customer bugs/issues related to it).

Posted by James Palmer on 24-Jun-2015 15:51

No idea if any of them are of use but there are a number of threads on progress talk about zebra printers...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:progresstalk.com+zebra&gws_rd=cr&ei=7xeLVfuOIMjTU4z5lNAP

James Palmer | Application Developer
Tel: 01253 785103

[collapse] From: Garry Hall
Sent: ‎24/‎06/‎2015 20:46
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] ZEBRA SCANNER SDK FOR WINDOWS

Reply by Garry Hall

I personally have not seen any OpenEdge applications using Zebra Scanner SDK for Windows (meaning, I haven't dealt with any customer bugs/issues related to it).

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by Mimecast.
For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com
[/collapse]

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 24-Jun-2015 15:54

You might get a more meaningful answer if we knew what you wanted.  Clearly Zebra printers have been used in many OpenEdge sites.  Do you have a specific question or are you just looking for assurance that it is possible?

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 25-Jun-2015 08:26

I use lots of motorola scanners, and zebra printer for the matter, but on windows and emulation mode... never had other use case... Once I wanted to back feed the user of the scanner, but hadn't info about it....and never needed it anymore....  Indeed, perhaps you should state more clearly  your use case.

Posted by PeterWokke on 25-Jun-2015 10:20

I have to monitor a process street for grading and bunching flowers. At the time 4 different processes are running each 3 to 6 different stem length sizes. At the end of the line to output need to be counted and directed into different parcels for shipment later that day. With barcode readers I could count and display parcel direction for packaging and box labeling for dispatch.

On the control session 1 to more readers need to be connected to provide for each reader the bunch destination for packaging.

This is global the process. How can I connect different com port scan devices to one session each handling its own instruction sub-screen for parcel destination and instruction.

We are used to work with a com port listener only this is 34bit dll which I cannot use anymore in a 64bit client.

Zebra delivers a SDK for Zebra scanners. it looks like it can detect more then one scanner so for each I could create a communication sub-screen. To instruct the holder of the scanner where to deliver each scanned item.

This is the challenge I encounter.

Regards,

Peter.    

This thread is closed