How to reset a dynamic query object?

Posted by keithg on 17-Jun-2015 14:51

Short version:  How can I remove the buffers from a dynamic query object?

Long version:

We have some ADM2 SmartObject browsers with programming that hijacks the static query and turns it into a dynamic query.  My problem is that I have a browser query created at design time with two tables ("container" and "lot"), and in certain cases the dynamic query needs only a single table ("container").  In such cases, the QUERY-PREPARE results in an error about needing a FOR or PRESELECT for each buffer.

All Replies

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 17-Jun-2015 15:01

You can't change a query's buffer structure, you can use a "FIRST lot WHERE TRUE" to satisfy the subordinate query phrase so that it is effectively a non-participant. 

[collapse]
On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 3:51 PM, keithg <bounce-keithg@community.progress.com> wrote:
Thread created by keithg

Short version:  How can I remove the buffers from a dynamic query object?

Long version:

We have some ADM2 SmartObject browsers with programming that hijacks the static query and turns it into a dynamic query.  My problem is that I have a browser query created at design time with two tables ("container" and "lot"), and in certain cases the dynamic query needs only a single table ("container").  In such cases, the QUERY-PREPARE results in an error about needing a FOR or PRESELECT for each buffer.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Tim Kuehn:  Senior Consultant  - TDK Consulting Services
President - Ontario PUG 
Program Committee Chair - PUG Challenge Americas, 
Course Instructor: Intro to OO Concepts for Procedural Programmers

Ph: 519-576-8100
Cell: 519-781-0081
[/collapse]

Posted by keithg on 17-Jun-2015 19:29

Ah, great idea--works like a charm.  Thanks, Tim.

This thread is closed