Explicit position of window in PDSOE

Posted by bart.syryn on 17-Jun-2015 07:13

Hi, The last couple of weeks I'm learning PDSOE. I have a lot of .w files that I open in Appbuilder- or Editor perspective. When the .w files were created in the AppBuilder, they all had the option 'explicit position' and a explicit position was filled in the row and column properties of the .w window. Now when I open these files in PDSOE they automatically get position column 3 and row 1.48. So my explicit position is gone. When I change it again, save the file and compile, it's ok, but when I open the .w file again in PDSOE the position is again set to 3 and 1.48. I've searched for properties and preferences in PDSOE but I can't find any option I can set to overrule this behaviour. Any suggestions ? Kind regards Bart S

All Replies

Posted by Swathi Yellavaram on 18-Jun-2015 00:28

Hi,

In PDS OE also when we double click, we can find this property for dialogs. The setting is properly honored. I have created a file in appbuilder and opened in PDS for OE. The settings are honored then also. Can you please let us know which version of PDS for OE you are using and can you double click on dialog in PDS and see if the values set are displayed same?

Thanks,

Swathi.

Posted by bart.syryn on 18-Jun-2015 02:46

Hi,

When I double-click in 'outline' on my window, I get the property page of the .w window. There I can set 'explicit position' and set column and row. At that point the window's position is changed

I close the open window-file and then reopen it. The property 'explicit position' is still checked, but column and row parameters are again 3 and 1.48.

Version is OE11.3 SP03.

Strange thing is also that in AppBuilder perspective I can't select my window in the designer and move it around. I can only change the position by filling in the column and row parameters manual.

Kind regards

Bart S.

Posted by Swathi Yellavaram on 18-Jun-2015 06:18

Hi Bart,

The setting seem to be not honored for window objects. However the values changed for dialogs are saved properly. Please report this issue. Currently there is no other option available to overwrite this setting.

Also In PDS OE for .NET forms we never change the position of main window in editor design view. You can drag it at the bottom to increase the size of window. Same way appbuilder windows has been implemented. Appbuilder explicit position option also i think should be honored in run time and not change the position in editor at design time.

Thanks,

Swathi.

Posted by bart.syryn on 18-Jun-2015 07:51

Hi Swathi,

All the years that I worked with AppBuilder the explicit position of a .w window worked perfect.

So you say this is a bug in AppBuilder Perspective in PDSOE 11.3SP03 ?

Kind regards

Bart S.

Posted by Swathi Yellavaram on 18-Jun-2015 08:23

Yes. Its an issue with Integrated Appbuilder in PDS for OE.

Thanks,

Swathi.

This thread is closed