Creating a new binding at runtime with a dynamic dataset fai

Posted by Marc on 16-Jun-2015 07:30

Hi all,

I need to bind my dynamic dataset, to show its content in a hierarchical ultradatagrid.

I found this article :

https://documentation.progress.com/output/ua/OpenEdge_latest/index.html#page/dvngp/prodataset-binding-example.html

But as the code runs the binding constructor, the application stop and no error are caught.

     rBindS = NEW Progress.Data.BindingSource(hDataSet, hBufTTCust, "*", "").

The difference between my code and the above example, is that my dataset and contained temp-tables are defined dynamically :

/* TABLE*/

DEFINE VARIABLE hSrcBuffer AS HANDLE NO-UNDO.
CREATE BUFFER hSrcBuffer FOR TABLE "ttTresoSoldesGroup".
CREATE TEMP-TABLE hTable.
hTable:ADD-FIELDS-FROM(hSrcBuffer).
hTable:ADD-NEW-FIELD ( "idGroup2", "character").
hTable:TEMP-TABLE-PREPARE(nomTable).

/* + TABLE 2 */ [...]
/* DATASET */

CREATE DATASET hDataSet.

hDataSet:ADD-BUFFER (BUFFER ttSoldesGroup:HANDLE).
hDataSet:ADD-BUFFER(BUFFER ttSoldesCompteBanc:HANDLE).
hRel = hDataSet:ADD-RELATION(BUFFER ttSoldesGroup:HANDLE, BUFFER ttSoldesCompteBanc:HANDLE, "idGroup,idGroup").

After creating and filling my dataset, I manage to control that it is filled with the data I was waiting for.

Anyone knows what I need to check to make it works, or how to get an error status about the reason it doesn't work ?

Thank you :)

PS: Openedge 11.2

All Replies

Posted by Laura Stern on 16-Jun-2015 08:08

Not sure I know what you mean by "the application stops and no errors are caught".  Does it crash?  i.e., Do you get a protrace file?  How do you know that this is the line that is causing it to stop?

The fact that the DataSet and tables are dynamic should be perfectly OK.  There could be a bug of course.

Posted by Marc on 16-Jun-2015 10:19

Hello Laura,

Yes the application does crash, in fact it simply close itself without any error of any kind.

I know about the line, because I run it in debug mode, line by line ; but after this 'binding' line, the application stops instead of jumping to the catch bloc.

And, yes, I do have a protrace file. The only thing maybe interesting in this file is :

Progress OpenEdge Release 11.2 build 1236 SP01 on WINNT

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION

Fault address:  5B2EF0D7 01:005EE0D7 C:\Progress\OpenEdge\bin\prow32.dll

Posted by Marc on 23-Jun-2015 07:40

hum...

so, I'll make it back with static temptable.

Posted by Mary Criscione on 23-Jun-2015 08:18

Are any customers running successfully with OpenEdge on Oracle Linux 6.5? We have not certified or tested this point release but a customer is asking if there will be any issues.
Thank you.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 23-Jun-2015 08:44

There are some customers running OL 6.5. AFAIK they have no issues. (And they should not have any issues).

According to Oracle, application that runs on RHEL will run on OL (that’s Oracle statement).
Also we did certify previous version of OL, 5.4+.

Why we haven’t automatically done OL 6 whilst we did CentOS 6 and RH 6 escapes me.

[collapse]