OpenEdge.net.pl source code library strange includes

Posted by pedromarcerodriguez on 01-Jun-2015 07:56

Hi,

 After extracting Openedge.Net.pl library, I have found that UriEncodingTypeEnum.cls is using a couple of includes defined that I can't find in the distributed files:

  Consultingwek/EnumMember.i and Consultingwek/EnumFromString.i

 I haven't looked for more, but those looks quite strange to me, is this intentional? I see I can find them in a few repositories online but seems strange that I have to download them and are not included in the distribution, and also might complicate things to get them through legal department as that will have a different licence.

 Could you confirm what is expected if we would like to use those libraries?

 Thanks,

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 01-Jun-2015 08:27

This code is properly licensed and should appear in the third-party notices (not sure where that is).

The fact that the source does not appear in the src/OE.Net.pl is a bug, but one which will not be fixed, because of changes related to enums that are coming in 11.6.

-- peter

[collapse]
 After extracting Openedge.Net.pl library, I have found that UriEncodingTypeEnum.cls is using a couple of includes defined that I can't find in the distributed files:

  Consultingwek/EnumMember.i and Consultingwek/EnumFromString.i

 I haven't looked for more, but those looks quite strange to me, is this intentional? I see I can find them in a few repositories online but seems strange that I have to download them and are not included in the distribution, and also might complicate things to get them through legal department as that will have a different licence.

 Could you confirm what is expected if we would like to use those libraries?

 Thanks,

Posted by Stefan Marquardt on 01-Jun-2015 08:33

"for each Object in ObjectList" in 11.6?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 01-Jun-2015 08:35

Don’t mix up Enums with Enumerators….