OpenEdge.net.pl source code library strange includes

Posted by pedromarcerodriguez on 01-Jun-2015 07:56

Hi,

After extracting Openedge.Net.pl library, I have found that UriEncodingTypeEnum.cls is using a couple of includes defined that I can't find in the distributed files:

Consultingwek/EnumMember.i and Consultingwek/EnumFromString.i

I haven't looked for more, but those looks quite strange to me, is this intentional? I see I can find them in a few repositories online but seems strange that I have to download them and are not included in the distribution, and also might complicate things to get them through legal department as that will have a different licence.

Could you confirm what is expected if we would like to use those libraries?

Thanks,

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 01-Jun-2015 08:27

This code is properly licensed and should appear in the third-party notices (not sure where that is).

The fact that the source does not appear in the src/OE.Net.pl is a bug, but one which will not be fixed, because of changes related to enums that are coming in 11.6.

-- peter

[collapse]
From: pedromarcerodriguez [mailto:bounce-pedromarcerodriguez@community.progress.com]
Sent: Monday, 01 June, 2015 08:57
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Development] OpenEdge.net.pl source code library strange includes

Thread created by pedromarcerodriguez

Hi,

After extracting Openedge.Net.pl library, I have found that UriEncodingTypeEnum.cls is using a couple of includes defined that I can't find in the distributed files:

Consultingwek/EnumMember.i and Consultingwek/EnumFromString.i

I haven't looked for more, but those looks quite strange to me, is this intentional? I see I can find them in a few repositories online but seems strange that I have to download them and are not included in the distribution, and also might complicate things to get them through legal department as that will have a different licence.

Could you confirm what is expected if we would like to use those libraries?

Thanks,

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Stefan Marquardt on 01-Jun-2015 08:33

"for each Object in ObjectList" in 11.6?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 01-Jun-2015 08:35

Don’t mix up Enums with Enumerators….
Von: Stefan Marquardt [mailto:bounce-Marquardt@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 1. Juni 2015 15:34
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] OpenEdge.net.pl source code library strange includes

Reply by Stefan Marquardt

"for each Object in ObjectList" in 11.6?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by pedromarcerodriguez on 01-Jun-2015 08:56

Thanks, that will help, so I will just put it there manually in the meantime.

This thread is closed