OEPAS: identical auth for apsv & rest

Posted by bronco on 29-May-2015 02:58

I have made class which implemented the IHybridRealm interface. I made the necessary adjustments to oeablSecurity-basic-oerealm.xml and it works for my REST calls. Now I'm looking at the APSV transport. I want to use the same software for authenticating ABL clients (i.e. when connection is made). I'm importing apsv-basic.xml. However, when connecting to the AppServer my IHybridRealm implementation is not called.

I'm I doing something wrong or is what I'm trying to accomplish not possible?

thanks

Posted by Irfan on 29-May-2015 07:56

Hi Bronco,

I have looked at your files and I did not find anything wrong with it. I have similar configuration and it works. Let me try to look more deep and see if anything is missing.

Regards,
Irfan

[collapse]
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎May‎ ‎29‎, ‎2015 ‎8‎:‎05‎ ‎AM
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com

Reply by bronco

Well, to be honest I don't really know what to do with the apsv-basic.xml file. I tried uncommenting the PRE_AUTH_FILTER section, to no avail. I attached my current apsv-basic.xml and oeablSecurity-basic-oerealm.xml file. Going through the docs it's not clear what steps I should take...

Attachments:
auth-xml.zip
Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

All Replies

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 29-May-2015 04:09

Hello Bronco,

Yes it is possible.   The plug-in apsv-basic.xml is another template that needs to be adjusted to fit into the context of its parent configuration, which in this case is oeablSecurity-basic-oerealm.xml.   So did you comment out & uncomment the xml that enables the OERealm authentication?

Mike J.

[collapse]
Reply-To: "TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com" <TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com>
Date: Friday, May 29, 2015 at 3:58 AM
To: "TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com" <TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com>
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Development] OEPAS: identical auth for apsv & rest

Thread created by bronco

I have made class which implemented the IHybridRealm interface. I made the necessary adjustments to oeablSecurity-basic-oerealm.xml and it works for my REST calls. Now I'm looking at the APSV transport. I want to use the same software for authenticating ABL clients (i.e. when connection is made). I'm importing apsv-basic.xml. However, when connecting to the AppServer my IHybridRealm implementation is not called.

I'm I doing something wrong or is what I'm trying to accomplish not possible?

thanks

[/collapse]

Posted by bronco on 29-May-2015 07:04

Well, to be honest I don't really know what to do with the apsv-basic.xml file. I tried uncommenting the PRE_AUTH_FILTER section, to no avail. I attached my current apsv-basic.xml and oeablSecurity-basic-oerealm.xml file. Going through the docs it's not clear (to me) what steps I should take...

Posted by Irfan on 29-May-2015 07:56

Hi Bronco,

I have looked at your files and I did not find anything wrong with it. I have similar configuration and it works. Let me try to look more deep and see if anything is missing.

Regards,
Irfan

[collapse]
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎May‎ ‎29‎, ‎2015 ‎8‎:‎05‎ ‎AM
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com

Reply by bronco

Well, to be honest I don't really know what to do with the apsv-basic.xml file. I tried uncommenting the PRE_AUTH_FILTER section, to no avail. I attached my current apsv-basic.xml and oeablSecurity-basic-oerealm.xml file. Going through the docs it's not clear what steps I should take...

Attachments:
auth-xml.zip

[/collapse]

Posted by Irfan on 02-Jun-2015 09:22

Hi Bronco,

I have tested it various combinations(internal as well as external instance) and seems like it is working as similar to that of REST with no changes.

Posted by Matheus R. Mokwa on 01-Feb-2016 14:09

Is there any documentation about APSV authentication?

I need to implement the samething for OEPAS (form-oerealm plus apsv-basic) and couldn't find it anywhere.

Posted by Peter Judge on 01-Feb-2016 14:24

Currently you can pass credentials via the CONNECT() statement for session-managed APSV clients.

This thread is closed