pdsoe lost some initial info?

Posted by agent_008_nl on 27-May-2015 07:25

oe 11.5

When I start pdsoe I do not get the usual combo with a workspace selection possibiltity. I have to select the workspace with file -> select workspace. When I look at the database connection for the project it looks ok, except that I cannot test the connection (no reaction at all after clicking 'test connection', and the database is running). I cannot check the syntax for a .cls, (menu item disabled) nor can I restart the avm  (menu item disabled also). What could be wrong?

Regards, Stefan.

Posted by agent_008_nl on 01-Jun-2015 05:41

Ok, applied a rigorous solution:

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000037323 (How to remove corruption from OpenEdge Architect workspace or project metadata without losing project files). It works again.

All Replies

Posted by DivyaTheja on 27-May-2015 07:43

Hello Stefan,

To get the prompt for workspace selection on PDSOE startup, make sure that the preference General->Startup and Shutdown->Workspaces->Prompt for workspace on startup checkbox is selected.

Usually, menu items like compile, check syntax will be disabled only when project AVM is not started. Can you please try closing and re-opening the project?

-DivyaTheja

Posted by agent_008_nl on 27-May-2015 08:00

Thanks for your reaction DivyaTheja,

The checkbox is checked moreover I can see the workspaces in the 'recent workspaces" editor. Closing and reopening the project does not alter the situation. Moreover I see a status "Validating <projectname>" plus a very very slow increasing percentage to in the eclipse statusarea until after 10 - 15 minutes it disappears without a result.

Regards, Stefan.

Posted by DivyaTheja on 27-May-2015 08:29

Hello Stefan,

To get rid of validating files, you can uncheck validators in preferences (Preferences->Validation).

Also, can you please try starting PDSOE with –clean option?

-DivyaTheja

[collapse]