pdsoe lost some initial info?

Posted by agent_008_nl on 27-May-2015 07:25

oe 11.5

When I start pdsoe I do not get the usual combo with a workspace selection possibiltity. I have to select the workspace with file -> select workspace. When I look at the database connection for the project it looks ok, except that I cannot test the connection (no reaction at all after clicking 'test connection', and the database is running). I cannot check the syntax for a .cls, (menu item disabled) nor can I restart the avm  (menu item disabled also). What could be wrong?

Regards, Stefan.

Posted by agent_008_nl on 01-Jun-2015 05:41

Ok, applied a rigorous solution:

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000037323 (How to remove corruption from OpenEdge Architect workspace or project metadata without losing project files). It works again.

All Replies

Posted by DivyaTheja on 27-May-2015 07:43

Hello Stefan,

To get the prompt for workspace selection on PDSOE startup, make sure that the preference General->Startup and Shutdown->Workspaces->Prompt for workspace on startup checkbox is selected.

Usually, menu items like compile, check syntax will be disabled only when project AVM is not started. Can you please try closing and re-opening the project?

-DivyaTheja

Posted by agent_008_nl on 27-May-2015 08:00

Thanks for your reaction DivyaTheja,

The checkbox is checked moreover I can see the workspaces in the 'recent workspaces" editor. Closing and reopening the project does not alter the situation. Moreover I see a status "Validating <projectname>" plus a very very slow increasing percentage to in the eclipse statusarea until after 10 - 15 minutes it disappears without a result.

Regards, Stefan.

Posted by DivyaTheja on 27-May-2015 08:29

Hello Stefan,

To get rid of validating files, you can uncheck validators in preferences (Preferences->Validation).

Also, can you please try starting PDSOE with –clean option?

-DivyaTheja

[collapse]
From: agent_008_nl [mailto:bounce-agent_008_nl@community.progress.com]
Sent: 27 May 2015 06:31
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] pdsoe lost some initial info?

Reply by agent_008_nl

Thanks for your reaction DivyaTheja,

The checkbox is checked moreover I can see the workspaces in the 'recent workspaces" editor. Closing and reopening the project does not alter the situation. Moreover I see a status "Validating <projectname>" plus a very very slow increasing percentage to in the eclipse statusarea until after 10 - 15 minutes it disappears without a result.

Regards, Stefan.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Swathi Yellavaram on 28-May-2015 00:02

Hi Stefan,

Can you also please check problems view and let us know if anything mentioned there.

Thanks,

Swathi.

Posted by agent_008_nl on 29-May-2015 05:37

Hi Swathi,

Thanks for your care. I was off to a pugmeeting yesterday, this morning I tried you suggestions. The checkboxes for preferences -> validation were the same as in the picture you sent, and adding -clean did not solve the problem. So I re-installed oe with exactly the same installation paths (before made a backup of the properties and server folders, forgot to do this for the oemgmt folders but repaired some things after reinstalling) . Almost everything is working normally, except that I have chosen for 'automatic publish when resource changes' for the appserver (via the servers view), with the same custom publish dir as before, but after saving a changed class I do not see the 'republish' text appearing in the servers view anymore, I have to physically copy & paste the .r files. Moreover I have to start and stop the adminserver via proenv. Moreover when I try to start/stop via taskmanager/services the taskmanager indicates the new status, but when I check with proadsv -query nothing happened. Do you have an idea what might be a solution for these new problems?

Regards, Stefan.

Posted by agent_008_nl on 29-May-2015 07:26

Some more info about taskmanager/services/adminservice11.5(32bits), registry:

"D:\OpenEdge\OE115\bin\jvmstart" -a "D:\OpenEdge\OE115\properties\AdminServerPlugins.properties"::PluginPolicy.Progress.AdminServer -o eventmgr -w @{WorkPath} @{JAVA\JREHOME}\bin\java -DInstall.Dir=@{Startup\DLC} -DWork.Dir=@{WorkPath} -Dadmsrv.jvm=@{JAVA\JREHOME}\bin\java com.progress.chimera.adminserver.AdminServerType -stop -service

"D:\OpenEdge\OE115\bin\jvmstart" -a "D:\OpenEdge\OE115\properties\AdminServerPlugins.properties"::PluginPolicy.Progress.AdminServer -o eventmgr -w @{WorkPath} @{JAVA\JREHOME}\bin\java -DInstall.Dir=@{Startup\DLC} -DWork.Dir=@{WorkPath} -Dadmsrv.jvm=@{JAVA\JREHOME}\bin\java -Djvmstart.debug=0 com.progress.chimera.adminserver.AdminServerType -start -service

In AdminServerPlugins.properties I have

[PluginPolicy.Progress.AdminServer]

pluginclasspath=!{value-of:classpath}

classpath=D:\OpenEdge\OE115/java/progress.jar,D:\OpenEdge\OE115/java/osmetrics.jar,D:\OpenEdge\OE115/java/prorepl.jar,D:\OpenEdge\OE115/java/ext/xercesImpl.jar,D:\OpenEdge\OE115/java/ext/xmlParserAPIs.jar,D:\OpenEdge\OE115/java/ext/soap.jar,D:\OpenEdge\OE115/java/ext/wsdl4j.jar,D:\OpenEdge\OE115/java/ext/jettison-1.3.4.jar

jvmargs=-Xmx256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true

port=20935

adminport=7835

The taskmager says it's running with pid 7016, however netstat -o -n -a | findstr 7016 gives no result. I started the adminserver succesfully with proads -start, netstat -o -n -a | findstr 20935 results in

when I try to stop the adminservice via taskmanager/services the status changes to stopped, however it stays running (it works + the results for netstat -o -n -a | findstr 20935 stay the same.

Posted by agent_008_nl on 01-Jun-2015 05:41

Ok, applied a rigorous solution:

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000037323 (How to remove corruption from OpenEdge Architect workspace or project metadata without losing project files). It works again.

This thread is closed