Weird problem with PDSOE and Perforce

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 23-May-2015 19:47

Hi 

Since we upgraded to v. 11.5, we have a peculiar problem:

Whenever you open a project in Eclipse, the file ".settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml" gets checked out automatically from Perforce and is added to the default change list.

That file should never change, unless you fiddle with the project's facets, but it is checked out automatically whenever you open a project.

I've tried a few things, but nothing seems to work.

I've even obliterated it from the repository and added it to the .p4ignore file, but that made things worse. Once I did that, when you open a project:

1. p4d.log shows that Eclipse stat the .settings folder (which does not exist on the depot) and its contents.
  2. Eclipse would always inform you that you do not have the latest version of this (never changed since creating the workspace in Sept) file and ask if you want to update it.
  3. If you say yes, the p4d.log then shows that a sync is done to the file.

I've now removed these files from the .p4ignore file and checked them in again, but now PDSOE checks it out again each time when you open a project.

Does anybody know what could be wrong with my configuration?

Regards

Simon

All Replies

Posted by DivyaTheja on 23-May-2015 22:41

Hello Simon,

Similar issue exists even with Team Foundation Server and PDSOE. This problem needs to be fixed from PDSOE end. As far as i know, Currently PDSOE Development team is looking at this problem to provide fix ASAP.

-DivyaTheja

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 25-May-2015 02:55

Thanks for the feedback.

Simon

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 25-May-2015 12:03

Reported to tech support at the beginning of January (for tfs), introduced in 11.5 (not an issue in 11.4), still an issue in 11.5.1.

This thread is closed