Stopping a run in PDSOE

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 11-May-2015 11:31

Is there any way to stop a run in PDSOE that has no UI other than by killing the process in the Task Manager?

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 11-May-2015 11:49

PDS tracks the process object so you can see it in the debug view. There is a red button in the toolbar there where you can kill it.  PDSOE normally also allocates a console for the process so you can kill it from there (red button) as well.

java process request termination isn't 100% reliable so you may have to fall back to task manager.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 11-May-2015 12:11

I haven't used the debugger, but I can give that a try.  Is there any harm in opening the debug perspective while a process is running?

When you say "allocates a console" do you mean the window associated with the run?  There is none for this because it is a batch process.

Posted by Matt Baker on 11-May-2015 12:16

No harm.  Its just a layout change.  You don’t need to use the debugger.  If you press “run” or “debug” PDS (more properly PDS give  it to eclipse to track). And it shows up in the debug view.  With “run” you don’t get stack or anything, but the process is listed there in the debug window.

The console view at bottom of perspective.  Its multi-page in that there is a drop down to switch between whatever console is allocated.  PDS keeps one around for status messages for compiles and database connections, log files for appserver, things like that.

[collapse]
From: Thomas Mercer-Hursh [mailto:bounce-tamhas@community.progress.com]
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2015 1:12 PM
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] Stopping a run in PDSOE

Reply by Thomas Mercer-Hursh

I haven't used the debugger, but I can give that a try.  Is there any harm in opening the debug perspective while a process is running?

When you say "allocates a console" do you mean the window associated with the run?  There is none for this because it is a batch process.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Mike Fechner on 11-May-2015 12:22

Look for the „Console“ view in Eclipse.
Von: Thomas Mercer-Hursh [mailto:bounce-tamhas@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 11. Mai 2015 19:12
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] Stopping a run in PDSOE

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 11-May-2015 12:24

Well, I'm familiar with the Console tab in the bottom set, but I don't see my running job there.  Just the AVM starts for the projects and the database starts and connections.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 11-May-2015 12:51

Some of the buttons in the top of the view allow you to switch between consoles.
Von: Thomas Mercer-Hursh [mailto:bounce-tamhas@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 11. Mai 2015 19:25
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] Stopping a run in PDSOE

Well, I'm familiar with the Console tab in the bottom set, but I don't see my running job there.  Just the AVM starts for the projects and the database starts and connections.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 11-May-2015 13:11

OK, so I started a new session, made a couple of changes, I see the compiles in the console.  I start the run.  I see nothing in the console.  Buttons are for clear, scroll lock, pin, display selected console greyed out, Open Console with choices of Java Stack Trace, Host OSGi , and New, Minimize, and Maximize.

Posted by Swathi Yellavaram on 31-Aug-2015 00:09

In Run launch configuration -> Common tab these is a check-box "Allocate console (Necessary for input)". By selecting this you will see there is a new console opened for this configuration.

Thanks,

Swathi.

This thread is closed