Prodataset crashes when importing data from JSON with child

Posted by Mark Davies on 09-May-2015 13:15

Hi,

I think I found a bug in the READ-JSON method on a dataset when I attempt to import a JSON file that contains multiple child tables with BLOB content.

When I run the program it will always crash on the READ-JSON statement as soon as I have more than one child table that contains some BLOB content - also seems to be if the blob content is a little over 20k.

I am hoping that someone else might try on their version of Progress  and see if they get the same issue. I tried on 11.2 and 11.5 (64bit) - both of them crashes.

In the attached .zip file you will find the program (LoadJSONFail.p) and the sample json file (out.json) that you need to save to C:\temp\out.json - or just change the file location in the program.

Please let me know if there is a way to work around this issue or if this should be logged as a bug.

Thanks in advance

Posted by Garry Hall on 10-May-2015 20:48

Hi Mark,

Please log a bug with Tech Support. I just tried it with the latest 11.5.1 bits, and it crashed. I did not see it with 11.6 bits, but 11.6 is still early in its development cycle, where we have some safeguards turned on. One of these safeguards might be obscuring the problem.

Thanks,

Garry.

All Replies

Posted by Garry Hall on 10-May-2015 20:48

Hi Mark,

Please log a bug with Tech Support. I just tried it with the latest 11.5.1 bits, and it crashed. I did not see it with 11.6 bits, but 11.6 is still early in its development cycle, where we have some safeguards turned on. One of these safeguards might be obscuring the problem.

Thanks,

Garry.

Posted by Mark Davies on 10-May-2015 23:48

Thanks for checking that Garry. I logged a new case (00312889) with tech support.

Just something interesting I found on this was that if I change the dataset to not have the NESTED option for the joins, then the JSON file is loaded. Not ideal, but it does provide some sort of work-around.

This thread is closed