System.Xml.XmlException: Mising root element

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 29-Apr-2015 09:46

Hi!.

I got that error at starting PDSOE, since I modified the assemblies.xml file.

I'm not 100% sure it's because of that, but It startet to show after I created this assemblies:

<references>
<assembly name="sdk\SDKCONTPAQNG.exe, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"/>
</references>

The psdoe won't stop loading, it keeps working and eventully, it shows, i just have to dismiss the litlle alert-box and everything works as usual, as far as I can see.

wonder if this is critical.... I any case, I remvoed the assemblies file from the project where I modified, and the error won't go...

TIA

All Replies

Posted by Garry Hall on 29-Apr-2015 10:07

I tried your assemblies.xml by just starting the AVM with -preloadCLR e.g.

   prowin32 -preloadCLR

I do not get this error. The only way I could get this error was if I had only the XML prolog in assemblies.xml e.g.

I know it is a silly question, but are you sure your -assemblies is directed to correct place? There might be a nuance of PDSOE that I don't understand here.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 29-Apr-2015 10:41

thanks for answering..

I'm not sure about this you mention...  my pdsoe icon is the standard: C:\Progress\OpenEdge\oeide\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vm "C:\Progress\OpenEdge\jre\bin\javaw.exe", and the assemblies.xml file is on the "root" directory of a project.. being as this:

workspace:   c:\oetap2

project:         Appserver    (c:\oetap2\appserver)

assemblies;      c:\oetap2\appserver\assemblies.xml

the thing is that i deleted the assemblies file, and the error persisted...

And preferences of eclipse if has "Defult location" for assemblies directory, and on the list of assemblies, is empty...

I tried this:

Posted by Peter Judge on 29-Apr-2015 11:06

In your project's properties, there's a place where you have to specify the assemblies location. By default it's in the project root (c:\oetap2 in your case). The assemblies file is not in that location so you have to specify it explicitly.

-- peter

[collapse]
I'm not sure about this you mention...  my pdsoe icon is the standard: C:\Progress\OpenEdge\oeide\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vm "C:\Progress\OpenEdge\jre\bin\javaw.exe", and the assemblies.xml file is on the "root" directory of a project.. being as this:

workspace:   c:\oetap2

project:         Appserver    (c:\oetap2\appserver)

assemblies;      c:\oetap2\appserver\assemblies.xml

the thing is that i deleted the assemblies file, and the error persisted...

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 29-Apr-2015 11:15

Fixed and problem's gone!!!!

Thanks!

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 29-Apr-2015 15:25

Talked to early....

The problem persistent...

Just I think I´m talking about two thigs here... one is the assemblies.xml stuff. and other the pdsoe start....

Posted by Swathi Yellavaram on 06-Jul-2015 00:11

Hi Octavio,

Can you please let us know AVM settings for the oetap2 project? If project is using shared AVM then assemblies.xml file will be stored in <Workspace Location>\.sharedavm.

If project specific AVM is used then assemblies.xml will be under project node. If the file is not under project node then you need to mention assemblies.xml file path in project properties by unchecking use default.

Place .dll files in same place where your assemblies.xml file is existing and then try adding assemblies.

Thanks,

Swathi.

This thread is closed