SmartDataObjetcts Panel on PDSOE, would like to wave goodbye

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 29-Apr-2015 09:21

Greetings.

I began with 4GL from V8 then v9 and then v11... Since I've resisted the temptaion from 1997 onward, I would like to recover screeen real state, and thank the smartdataobjetcs tool bar panel goodbye.

How can I ditch it from my PDSOE?

Thanks.

Posted by Håvard Danielsen on 04-May-2015 07:30

The AppBuilder palette is defined from the custom template files ( .cst). (same as in 1997...). The defaults are found in the src/template directory.  You can add and remove .cst files by right clicking and selecting the Use Custom option in the drop down menu.  The adm2 templates are in shared.cst and smart.cst.. The setting is not permanent.

Feel free to enter a bug/enhancement request for the fact that there is no save option in PDS. (There is in standalone AppBuilder).

Overrides to the default can be stored permanently in registry or progress.ini in a ProAB section with a CustomObjectFiles key as a comma separated list of file names. for example: src\template\activex.cst,src\template\progress.cst

All Replies

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 29-Apr-2015 09:25

Found it!!!

Good'ol right-click.. it won't fail...

Thanks...

(False Alarm)

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 29-Apr-2015 09:48

It reappears on re-starting the pdsoe...

so.. don't know a safe way to get rid of it..

Posted by Peter Judge on 01-May-2015 08:14

I'm not sure which panel you mean, but you can remove various menu/toolbar items from Eclipse using the Window > Customize Perspective tool. This lets you remove various things from the current perspective.

In general, Eclipse's capabilities around customising perspectivesis really nice.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 02-May-2015 14:10

On the (AppBuilder) window, when editing a .w, on the right side of the canvas, there is the Palette, with Widgets, OCX and SmarObjects subdivisions.

As the ones I use the most, Fill-ins and text are the last ones, I have to scroll with a little area that pops up as a "drag" or something like that, just to pickup the fill-in widget...

When I minimize the SmartObjects palette, the Widgets and then OCX palettes expand, making easy to grab any widget.

Posted by Håvard Danielsen on 04-May-2015 07:30

The AppBuilder palette is defined from the custom template files ( .cst). (same as in 1997...). The defaults are found in the src/template directory.  You can add and remove .cst files by right clicking and selecting the Use Custom option in the drop down menu.  The adm2 templates are in shared.cst and smart.cst.. The setting is not permanent.

Feel free to enter a bug/enhancement request for the fact that there is no save option in PDS. (There is in standalone AppBuilder).

Overrides to the default can be stored permanently in registry or progress.ini in a ProAB section with a CustomObjectFiles key as a comma separated list of file names. for example: src\template\activex.cst,src\template\progress.cst

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 04-May-2015 11:43

I did put it  in these  points, and worked/not worked as expected:

HKLM>SOFTWARE>PSC>ProAB      not worked

HKLM>SOFTWARE>PSC>Progress Dev Studio OE>11.5>ProAB  not worked

HKLM>SOFTWARE>PSC>Progress Dev Studio OE>ProAB  not worked

HKLM>SOFTWARE>PSC>PROGRESS>11.5>ProAB   AND WORKED!!!

Thanks!.

Posted by Håvard Danielsen on 04-May-2015 16:22

Sorry, I assumed everyone else (except me) know where to define settings in the registry.  I actually changed and saved the settings from the standalone AppBuilder, since I did not know where to stick them...  

On my 64 bit install they ended up in:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>PSC>PROGRESS>x64>11.6ALPHA

I do know that we use different registry locations for 64bit and 32bit installations in order to support 32 and 64bit  on the same machine, but I do not know the exact rules and the exact version this was introduced.  

This thread is closed