ABL2DB 1.01

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 28-Apr-2015 10:40

Yesterday, I released a new version of ABL2DB. This version incorporates Proparse to extend the range of functionality possible with XREF and LISTING. This first Proparse release provides for tracking of shared variable definitions and usage.

As the first release incorporating Proparse, this is a fairly big leap, hence the jump in version numbers. I am expecting that, as it is applied to new code bases, some adjustment is likely to be required as I have already discovered some "interesting" issues related to "vintage" coding practices. But, the basic structure should allow for expansion to other areas in the not too distant future. My next target is going to be resolving buffer names to tables.

The downloads are available here http://www.oehive.org/ABL2DB
Please read the instructions! :)

All Replies

Posted by Jean Richert on 29-Apr-2015 11:13

Thanks for sharing and letting our Community members know about your new ABL2DB release.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 30-May-2015 10:30

ABL2DB 1.08 has now been published.  This includes the code for buffer name resolution, tracking of all shared object types, a shift to use XREF to determine if a file has compiled, improved handling for logical names and aliases, and some Proparse utilities like TokenLister.cls for showing how Proparse handles a particular piece of code.

This thread is closed