Nested blocks in PDSOE run configuration

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 26-Apr-2015 12:09

Per the manual, the max value for -nb nested blocks is 20,000.  In the 11.5 PDSOE run configuration, ABL tab, there is a Nested Blocks option, but when one is in that block, and attempts to enter a number larger than 255, then the message at the top puts up a warning X and message saying that Nested block must be between 20 and 255.  It seems to allow me to set it higher, but I haven't yet tried running it to see if there is a complaint at run time.

Note that while I appreciate the text labels and the fact that it tells one the actual parameter in the message at the top, I would prefer if the box label included the parameter, e.g., Nested blocks (-nb).  That would make it easier to be sure one had the right place.

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 26-Apr-2015 14:56

The parameter name isn't listed in the field label due to space reasons.  Not every tab has enough space to have every parameter in the label, so for consistency they were all put into the help text at the top of the screen where there is more room.  

You are right, 20000 is the max value.  It seems to have changed since that dialog was written. Feel free to contact tech support if you want to file a bug, or I'll try to remember to file one sometime this week for you.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 26-Apr-2015 15:01

The big issue is whether it throws an error when I try to run ... I should know that later today.  Otherwise, it is just cosmetic, but should get fixed.

The problem with having it in the help text is that if one knows the parameter, one has to poke about to find the right one.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 27-Apr-2015 10:12

So, putting a higher value works fine.  It is just a question of the cosmetic field validation.

Posted by Peter Judge on 29-Apr-2015 10:20

The header text (the big label block on top of the dialog) of the Run Configurations editor is context-sensitive and contains a description of the setting and the parameter name (eg -nb) where relevant.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 29-Apr-2015 10:40

Yes, I know, Peter, but the problem is that I go to the screen knowing that the parameter I want to set is -nb and I can only see that by visiting each field.  The english labels are good when you don't know the parameter, but less good when you do.

This thread is closed