Can I repair corrupted(incorrect appbuilder markup) .w

Posted by Venky on 23-Apr-2015 00:13

Looked on knowledgebase but couldn't find any articles.

I have a .w that has incorrect appbuilder markup, I have below error when I try to open with appbuilder.

I have to open it in appbuilder to add a new fill-in.

&ANALYZE_RESUME with no matching &ANALYZE_SUSPEND. (2962)
** Preprocessor could not understand line 2 in file 'XXXX.w'. (2124)
** XXXX.w Could not understand line 1. (193)
&ANALYZE_RESUME with no matching &ANALYZE_SUSPEND. (2962)
** Preprocessor could not understand line 115 in file 'XXXX.w'. (2124)
** XXXX.w Could not understand line 114. (193)

I tried placing &ANALYZE_SUSPEND, but I didn't do it correct and program isn't working right.

Posted by Rohit Kumar on 23-Apr-2015 04:55

I am not aware of any option in the Appbuilder tool to fix the markups for an object. I believe you will have to fix these errors manually. The error 2962 clearly mentions what needs to be fixed.

All Replies

Posted by Rohit Kumar on 23-Apr-2015 03:24

Which OpenEdge version are you using? Is it a new .w you are creating, or are you migrating this .w from an earlier OE version? Detailed steps on what you are doing using the AppBuilder will be helpful.

Posted by Venky on 23-Apr-2015 04:14

This is an existing .w, don't know which version it was created in.

I am trying to open it in 102b. There is clearly some markup missing. From AppBuilder I try to open this XXXX.w

Posted by Rohit Kumar on 23-Apr-2015 04:55

I am not aware of any option in the Appbuilder tool to fix the markups for an object. I believe you will have to fix these errors manually. The error 2962 clearly mentions what needs to be fixed.

Posted by Bill Wood on 23-Apr-2015 06:09

First save a backup of the file as it currently exists. 

If you are just trying to get the file to open you could:
- remove the unmatched RESUME and open the file.  
- some code block would be lost but you could read the block (save the new file and do a DIFF and compare what trigger is gone

However the file may have more missing than just an ANALYZE_SUSPEND --  if the fuel is corrupt there may be more issues with it.  

As a worst case you could also rename the file as a .p. It will still run and open as text -- but not in a visual editor.  Once it opens you can try to compile it and see if there is more damage. 

This thread is closed