Resx file curruption

Posted by Elsworth Burmeister on 22-Apr-2015 08:45

Hi guys I need a bit of help here... We have a weblcient application that I have created a installation on a disc using inno setup.. Basically Ive taken a snapshot of a working live version on a pc and its this that gets installed via inno setup. The problem we having in regard to this is that 1 or 2 programs within the application have their .resx files corrupted when doing updates. When we open the resx its like there is extra code that shouldn't be in there and because of this the program wont open I cant tell you the exact error at the moment but was wondering if anyone has come across something similar before and how it was resolved??? TIA

All Replies

Posted by Garry Hall on 22-Apr-2015 09:00

I am not familiar with Inno Setup. If the problem is happening only with application updates, are you using Inno Setup for the application updates as well, or using IntelliStream?

Posted by Peter Judge on 22-Apr-2015 09:06

What kind of corruption are you seeing?

-- peter

[collapse]
From: Garry Hall [mailto:bounce-gih@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 22 April, 2015 10:02
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] Resx file curruption

Reply by Garry Hall

I am not familiar with Inno Setup. If the problem is happening only with application updates, are you using Inno Setup for the application updates as well, or using IntelliStream?

Posted by Elsworth Burmeister on 22-Apr-2015 09:06

No. application updates and intelliStream are all done through webclient. inno setup is a installer program to create an exe.

all inno setup is doning from my side is setting registry's and putting files etc in the correct places on which ever pc the exe is run. its a snapshop of all the files, registries etc installed during a normal web installation.

from there the application executes like normal using webclient.

Posted by Elsworth Burmeister on 22-Apr-2015 09:11

Hi it seems there is extra or fewer content and the extra tags or tags have not been closed off correctly.

sometimes the root tag </root> at the end of the document is missing or its without the slash <root>

Posted by Elsworth Burmeister on 24-Apr-2015 01:21

Hi just following up here... has nobody experienced this before? I will post the exact error when it happens again.

Posted by Peter Judge on 24-Apr-2015 08:00

In my experience InnoSetup doesn't do any unless you tell it to. I've deployed GUI apps with it without corruption (although I didn't use WebClient).

Are you sure its WebClient messing up? ie if you run the InnoSetup installer without using WebClient, do you see tyhe corruption? Is the input fle somehow corrupted?

This thread is closed