ABL Unit Database connection

Posted by whwar9739 on 20-Apr-2015 07:58

So I've recently discovered the ABLUnit and trying to build some tests. I am trying to load a database table but I keep getting an error when running using the ABL UnitApplication. The error is unknown database name xx. (855). Now I have also tried running the test class via a procedure and it works fine. I have tried putting my connection string in both the @Before and the @Setup sections and neither place makes a difference. My connection string looks something similar to the following: CONNECT -db yyyyy -H hostname -S portnumber -ld xx

I did find I needed to comment out the connection string when trying to run from the procedure as it was already connected and I was getting errors. I do have the database in the project properties. I am running in PDSOE, OpenEdge version 11.5.0.

All Replies

Posted by Ramadevi Dhavala on 20-Apr-2015 08:24

Hi,

Please make sure that the database connection is assigned to the 'Progress OpenEdge ABLUnit' run configuration and give a try.

Process:
Go to Run-> Run Configurations.
Create a new configuration for ' Progress OpenEdge ABLUnit' by double clicking on it.
Select the newly created configuration, navigate to  'Databases' tab. Select the database connection if not selected.
Then run the test class by using this configuration.

Thanks,
Rama.

[collapse]
From: whwar9739 [mailto:bounce-whwar9739@community.progress.com]
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 6:29 PM
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Development] ABL Unit Database connection

Thread created by whwar9739

So I've recently discovered the ABLUnit and trying to build some tests. I am trying to load a database table but I keep getting an error when running using the ABL UnitApplication. The error is unknown database name xx. (855). Now I have also tried running the test class via a procedure and it works fine. I have tried putting my connection string in both the @Before and the @Setup sections and neither place makes a difference. My connection string looks something similar to the following: CONNECT -db yyyyy -H hostname -S portnumber -ld xx

I did find I needed to comment out the connection string when trying to run from the procedure as it was already connected and I was getting errors. I do have the database in the project properties. I am running in PDSOE, OpenEdge version 11.5.0.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by whwar9739 on 20-Apr-2015 09:58

Thank you so much! I apparently had a 'Doh!' moment.

This thread is closed