Old Project Mystery

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 18-Apr-2015 12:38

I am working on a new project to which I am trying to add some usage of Proparse.  I have an old project in which I did some related work and would like to borrow and adapt some of the code from that project.  So, I have created a new project in the new workspace for Proparse and populated it and another new project to contain the code I am bringing over.  The namespace will change, so I have some editing to do.

What is puzzling to me is that the classes in the old code include a number of using statements which point into the Proparse name space, i.e., into a different project, but I don't see any setup for that in the old project in terms of either propath pointing to that project or ticks under related project.  So, why am I not getting complaints?  And, what is the correct way to make these references?

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 18-Apr-2015 14:00

Mind sharing more info about the classes you are talking about?

ABL classes or the Java/.NET classes that proparse is build from?

All proparse classes that I am aware of a in a .NET Assembly. So PROPATH or referenced project has no influence. Check for assemblies.xml, proparse.dll and some IKVM dll files. See the GUI for .NET guide on more info on how to reference .NET assemblies.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 18-Apr-2015 15:08

Face palm, of course. My newer stuff has "from assembly" on the USING
as appropriate, but that is missing from this older code, so I was
expecting it to be ABL code, but now that I look at it, of course, it is
the stuff from the assemblies, which explains everything! Pausing 3-4
years between touching code doesn't help!

This thread is closed