CreateData method on Business Entity.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 12-Apr-2015 15:24

Greetings...

Developed various procedures to replicate certain daily data on  a datawarehouse, intended for data mining...

But one area of this scenario, had a little bug.  As I can delete all the records and re-run the gathering procedures, I started wondering something that I don't know about the CREATEdata and UPDATEdata methods on the BE.cls... (Hope to be clear).

I have a master-detail relation, and use 2 methods to upload data. The first submits one record and the other sends several records in the dataset, several times as those records are created in batchs

This last procedure was mising one record from all batchs.

Can I use the UPDATEdata method to create the missing record in the detail relation.  With the master, I managed to find first datawarehouse.table . If found, run UPDATE, else run CREATE...

But the situation where I missed just one record for all the batch datasets in it's moment, wonder if I can fix it calling UPDATE repetadely  method with all the original  batchs of dataset, and expect that the method takes care of adding the missing record in each batch?

Hope to be clear.

Thanks and greetings.

All Replies

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 13-Apr-2015 10:59

I tried to see what happens, and saw that records were duplicated... as the primary key is not unique....

so I'll change definition of table to have a unique Key (primary, btw).  First will drop all records.

But original question remains in efect...  Will UPDATErecord Method will create missing record?

For this kind of modificatin, I can't foresee the need to re-run the Business Entity wizard,

So I'lldo test with real records...  And will post results...

Posted by mvergara on 14-Apr-2015 07:26

Hi Octavio,

This Manny Vergara, SE for CALA. I was wondering if we can chat via my email: mvergara@progress.com to assist you with your request about Rollbase Mobile for OE that post on previous email.

Thank you,