PDSOE: OE11.5, Eclipse 4.3.2 fixes toolbar gaps if OE brandi

Posted by cverbiest on 03-Apr-2015 04:41

After an Eclipse update I noticed that the gaps in the toolbar that appeared in PDSOE11.4 we're fixed.

The update had also removed the OpenEdge branding.When I restored the branding in eclipse\configuration\config.ini, the gaps re-appeared.

Apart from the OE icon, what am I  missing if I remove OE branding ?

Related post describing the issue https://community.progress.com/products/beta-eap/OE114-External/f/41/p/9787/37079.aspx#37079

The fix also seems to depend on the theme, I returned to return to "classic" theme.

All Replies

Posted by Swathi Yellavaram on 04-Apr-2015 00:36

Hi,

The workaround provided for the issue was following. Can you please let us know if you have done same. Toolbar gaps should be fixed after this and branding should be good.

The Eclipse toolbar cannot be moved or resized in the products using Eclipse 4.3.1 because of the way Eclipse handles the custom products in 4.3 as compared to 3.* versions.

Here is a workaround:

1. Open the $DLC\oeide\eclipse\plugins\com.progress.tools.branding_2.4.0\plugin.xml file in any text editor.

2. On line number 6, below the line

<product application="org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench" name="%productName">

add this snippet:

<property

name="applicationCSSResources"

value="platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.platform/images/">

</property>

3. Restart Eclipse with the -Clean option (Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge users can click the Developer Studio -Clean from Start->All Programs->Progress->OpenEdge).

Thanks,

Swathi.

This thread is closed