Extensibility issues in PDSOE

Posted by Patrick Tingen on 02-Apr-2015 06:37

We are working with PDS 11.4 and I am experimenting with the customization editor. I have added a menu+button for my DataDigger but it does not seem to show up in the toolbar, although it really is there:

When I press it, it works. However, I don't see the icon. I have tried different filetypes and sizes. A .ico file does not seem to work, nor does a 16x16 gif image.

Second problem is that I have 4 'ghost' buttons at the left of my invisible DataDigger button. These were created during earlier attempts to add the button. In the customization editor I can only see one entry:

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Update: I found out that images /can/ be shown, as long as they are in the icons subfolder of the openedge extensibility plugin.

All Replies

Posted by RWEBSTER on 02-Apr-2015 07:05

I've not seen the issues with icons before, but frequently ran into your second issue when using OE 11.4. In the end I took to editing plugin.xml in to get rid of the erroneous entries.

C:\[dlc11_4]\oeide\eclipse\plugins\com.openedge.pdt.extensibility.user_1.0.0

There's also an icons folder in that directory, no idea if it'd help to manually add your .gif to that folder...worth a go I suspect.

I'm yet to see the issue in 11.5, but that could be a coincidence...

Posted by Matt Baker on 02-Apr-2015 07:42

Eclipse usually only looks for icons inside the plugin.  Create an “icons” folder inside the plugin (if it isn’t there already) and try putting your icon there, and make sure to use the relative path to the icon in the extension editor.

mattB

[collapse]