ABLUnit - how to test GUI

Posted by sahumanm on 19-Mar-2015 06:49

Hello:

I'm trying out ABLUnit with OE 11.4 . (have not used any unit testing framework or tool before).

#1 would like to know if we can use this for testing GUI (builit using .p - event driven). it doesnt appear to be.

so just wanted to make sure if my understaning is correct.

#2 also, how do we test  any .p which doesnt return or output any value?

Thank you,

Manmohan.

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 19-Mar-2015 07:53

#1 would like to know if we can use this for testing GUI (builit using .p - event driven). it doesnt appear to be.

There's no technical reason why you couldn't – it's just ABL.  Look into the WIDGET-ID attributes to give UI widgets a unique id that ABL and other UI testing tools can depend on.

How do you know it works without unit testing? Do you check for a RETURN-VALUE, do you check for errors, is there some output on disk? You can use those approaches too from code.

Having a giant .P that does everything seems to me to be a candidate for breaking into smaller, testable chunks .

-- peter

[collapse]
From: sahumanm [mailto:bounce-sahumanm@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, 19 March, 2015 07:50
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Development] ABLUnit - how to test GUI

Thread created by sahumanm

Hello:

I'm trying out ABLUnit with OE 11.4 . (have not used any unit testing framework or tool before).

There's no

so just wanted to make sure if my understaning is correct.

Thank you,

Manmohan.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed