ABLUnit - how to test GUI

Posted by sahumanm on 19-Mar-2015 06:49

Hello:

I'm trying out ABLUnit with OE 11.4 . (have not used any unit testing framework or tool before).

#1 would like to know if we can use this for testing GUI (builit using .p - event driven). it doesnt appear to be.

so just wanted to make sure if my understaning is correct.

#2 also, how do we test  any .p which doesnt return or output any value?

Thank you,

Manmohan.

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 19-Mar-2015 07:53

#1 would like to know if we can use this for testing GUI (builit using .p - event driven). it doesnt appear to be.

There's no technical reason why you couldn't – it's just ABL.  Look into the WIDGET-ID attributes to give UI widgets a unique id that ABL and other UI testing tools can depend on.

#2 also, how do we test  any .p which doesnt return or output any value?

How do you know it works without unit testing? Do you check for a RETURN-VALUE, do you check for errors, is there some output on disk? You can use those approaches too from code.

Having a giant .P that does everything seems to me to be a candidate for breaking into smaller, testable chunks .

-- peter

[collapse]
I'm trying out ABLUnit with OE 11.4 . (have not used any unit testing framework or tool before).

#1 would like to know if we can use this for testing GUI (builit using .p - event driven). it doesnt appear to be.

There's no

so just wanted to make sure if my understaning is correct.

#2 also, how do we test  any .p which doesnt return or output any value?

Thank you,

Manmohan.