Mixing .net forms and Progress windows

Posted by Darren Parr on 12-Feb-2015 10:17

Hi

I'm having an issue getting a .net form to stay behind a series of progress windows. We use embedded widows for some of this and that works fine.

We're aiming to give the user the ability to not use an embedded window (as they render inside our .net window on purpose) and to use the standard .w. As soon as the user clicks the .net form to the front and then selects a progress window from the task bar, all of the other progress windows stay behind the .net form. This is the case even if we use a sendtoback() on the .net form and also a move-to-top() on the progress windows.

Any idea how I might get my .net form and progress windows to play nicely.

Thanks

Darren

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 12-Feb-2015 10:23

Are you using a recent version of OpenEdge? There have always been fixed and enhancements on behavior like that.

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 12-Feb-2015 10:31

If you are using the Progress.Windows.Form class for your forms you can accomplish this by setting the TOP-ONLY attribute on the windows to TRUE. This will keep the windows in front of the form.

Posted by Darren Parr on 12-Feb-2015 10:41

I'm using 11.5. I know I could set TOP-ONLY but I'd like to have a little more fine tuned control.

Posted by jquerijero on 12-Feb-2015 11:27

We have a Progress support case already submitted for this about 2 or 3 years ago. I don't believe the task bar issue has been resolved.

[EDIT] Sorry, it's a different case but just as annoying. If you have a .NET dialog-box showing, you can still select a .w using the Task Bar. 

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 12-Feb-2015 11:49

Darren, is the following the behavior you are looking for?

If you select the form, the form should move in front of all of the windows.

If you select a window, all of the windows should move in front of the form.

This thread is closed