PDSOE 11.4 performance plummets when editing files related t

Posted by Rom Elwell on 05-Feb-2015 12:48

I believe this issue to be an anomaly, however, I wanted to know if the behavior described below has been seen by other users.

Issue:

It appears there is an automatic compilation/publish occurring when I edit a class that is either directly in an OE Mobile project or when I edit a class file that is instantiated in the OE Mobile project.

I have the 'Build Automatically' feature disabled, yet, as I make changes to a class file and then Save my changes, PSDOE becomes unresponsive for 100-120 seconds (even going to a white-screen).  I can see the associated javaw.exe process spins up to 45%-60% of available CPU during this time.

Question:

Is there another setting/feature that I need to disable to ensure the run-time is not attempting to build/publish to the REST broker associated with this project without explicit direction to do so?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 05-Feb-2015 23:39

Hi Rom Elwell,
By default for all servers, “Automatically publish when resources change” option is selected and publishing interval is 15 seconds. So, when a resource that associated with restbroker or rest manager changes then the server publish them automatically. You can disable automatic publishing by choosing “Never publish automatically” radio button under Publishing section of Server editor page. Once we select this then we have to explicitly publish our resources after modifications are completed.

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

[collapse]
From: Rom Elwell [mailto:bounce-romelwell@community.progress.com]
Sent: 06 February 2015 AM 12:19
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Development] PDSOE 11.4 performance plummets when editing files related to OE Mobile project

Thread created by Rom Elwell

I believe this issue to be an anomaly, however, I wanted to know if the behavior described below has been seen by other users.

Issue:

It appears there is an automatic compilation/publish occurring when I edit a class that is either directly in an OE Mobile project or when I edit a class file that is instantiated in the OE Mobile project.

I have the 'Build Automatically' feature disabled, yet, as I make changes to a class file and then Save my changes, PSDOE becomes unresponsive for 100-120 seconds (even going to a white-screen).  I can see the associated javaw.exe process spins up to 45%-60% of available CPU during this time.

Question:

Is there another setting/feature that I need to disable to ensure the run-time is not attempting to build/publish to the REST broker associated with this project without explicit direction to do so?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

All Replies

Posted by Swathi Yellavaram on 05-Feb-2015 23:35

Yes. There is a property in server editor "Publishing - > Automatically Publish when resources change".

Double click on restbroker in server's view. Server editor opens and under Publishing category you will find this option. Select Never publish automatically and save changes. Selecting this will make sure automatic publish not to happen.

Thanks,

Swathi.

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 05-Feb-2015 23:39

Hi Rom Elwell,
By default for all servers, “Automatically publish when resources change” option is selected and publishing interval is 15 seconds. So, when a resource that associated with restbroker or rest manager changes then the server publish them automatically. You can disable automatic publishing by choosing “Never publish automatically” radio button under Publishing section of Server editor page. Once we select this then we have to explicitly publish our resources after modifications are completed.

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev.

[collapse]
From: Rom Elwell [mailto:bounce-romelwell@community.progress.com]
Sent: 06 February 2015 AM 12:19
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Development] PDSOE 11.4 performance plummets when editing files related to OE Mobile project

Thread created by Rom Elwell

Issue:

Question:

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Rom Elwell on 09-Feb-2015 08:05

Sanjeev,

Thank you for sharing this with me.  I found that I had the automatic publish disabled for the OE Web Server but not for the associated REST broker.  

This thread is closed