Remote DLLs not loading when the app is run from PDS

Posted by jquerijero on 30-Jan-2015 11:27

I can't seem to find the correct setting in PDS 11.4. I set all the config files loadFromRemoteSources to true just like in 11.3. However when running my application using the PDS Run Configuration, all my custom DLLs located on a mapped drive are not loading.

What is interesting is that if I run the application standalone (prowin32.exe), my custom DLLs are loading.

Any ideas?

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 30-Jan-2015 11:39

You can check the command line used in PDSOE in the debug view and right-clicking on Properties. That may be a start.

-- peter

[collapse]
From: jquerijero [mailto:bounce-jquerijero@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, 30 January, 2015 12:28
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Development] Remote DLLs not loading when the app is run from PDS

Thread created by jquerijero

I can't seem to find the correct setting in PDS 11.4. I set all the config files loadFromRemoteSources to true just like in 11.3. However when running my application using the PDS Run Configuration, all my custom DLLs located on a mapped drive are not loading.

What is interesting is that if I run the application standalone (prowin32.exe), my custom DLLs are loading.

Any ideas?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by jquerijero on 30-Jan-2015 11:51

I did. PDS is using the same runtime. My gut feeling is that the setting is being inherited from whatever spawns off prowin32.exe.

Like I said, the DLLs are loading when prowin32.exe is called on its own.

This thread is closed