webspeed wysiwyg htmeditor

Posted by bart.syryn on 29-Jan-2015 07:56

Hi, I've posted my question in the general forum last week, but maybe it was in the wrong forum. So I post it again here. I need to build a webspeed application. My question is not about webspeed but about a good WYSIWYG html editor. About 7 years ago I've build a webspeed application and used FrontPage 2003. If you search the internet you can find a lot of WYSIWYG-HTML editors, but some advice from a progress-developer would be helpfull. It's a small application with some forms and the standard widgets (fill-in, combo-box, calendar, radio-set,...). Tips about which product other webspeed-developers use is very helpfull, and also why they use that specific product. Kind regards Bart Syryn

All Replies

Posted by Jean Richert on 03-Feb-2015 02:41

Anyone following this forum has some advises to share about a good WYSIWYG html editor? Thanks guys

The previous post is here as it got some answers.

Posted by Bill Wood on 03-Feb-2015 02:45

Funny you should ask this because we had a similar question.

Are you asking about an editor to write ‘html’ (to create new ‘SpeedScript’ pages), or are you asking for a Rich Text Editor that works in HTML forms.

(I was talking to the Kendo UI team and they have the latter…. http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/editor/index

Kendo UI Editor allows your users to edit HTML in a familiar, user-friendly way.
In this version, the Editor provides the core HTML editing engine, which includes basic text formatting, hyperlinks, lists, and image handling. The widget
 outputs identical HTML across all major browsers, follows accessibility standards and provides API for content manipulation. 
Features include:
·        Text formatting & alignment
·        Bulleted and numbered lists
·        Hyperlink and image dialogs
·        Cross-browser support
·        Identical HTML output across browsers
·        Gracefully degrades to a textarea when JavaScript is turned off

Posted by bart.syryn on 03-Feb-2015 03:08

I'm looking for a wysiwyg editor.

I just want to create some forms and then add speedscript to it.

I prefer a wysiwyg editor because I don't want to spent my time writing html to place tekst-boxes, buttons, radio-sets, etc on forms.  

I've looked at Wysiwyg Webbuilder, very nice, but a pain to add speedscript. Now I'm checking Microsoft Expression Web, but it's 'end of life'. So maybe that's not very smart to start using it.

I was just wondering what other webspeed-builders use.  

Kind regards

Bart Syryn

This thread is closed