Communicate to Exchange/Outlook from OE Linux ?

Posted by S33 on 28-Jan-2015 08:32

Hi --

I replied to an old thread yesterday, but don't seem to have attracted any attention....

I'm wondering if we think it's feasible to talk to Exchange or Outlook from within OE 10.2b (CHIU) on Linux RHEL.

For example, if the sales manager creates a new quote to a customer (in the Progress system), he wants an Outlook task to show up in one or more of his minions' to-do lists to have a follow-up phone call with the customer in 4 days.

Progress, Exchange & Outlook are all on-premise.

Please advise. TIA --

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 28-Jan-2015 08:37

S33,

I would think you need to look towards Microsoft and see what functionality they provide to communicate to/with Outlook from non-Windows based operating systems.  That information will define your options/limitations and from there you can see which of those options 10.2B can support.

Brian

Posted by Peter Judge on 28-Jan-2015 08:38

Since you're on Linux, I'd think you need to look into using webservices (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dd877045%28v=exchg.140%29.aspx may be of some help).

-- peter

[collapse]
Sent: Wednesday, 28 January, 2015 09:33
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Development] Communicate to Exchange/Outlook from OE Linux ?

Thread created by S33

Hi --

I replied to an old thread yesterday, but don't seem to have attracted any attention....

I'm wondering if we think it's feasible to talk to Exchange or Outlook from within OE 10.2b (CHIU) on Linux RHEL.

For example, if the sales manager creates a new quote to a customer (in the Progress system), he wants an Outlook task to show up in one or more of his minions' to-do lists to have a follow-up phone call with the customer in 4 days.

Progress, Exchange & Outlook are all on-premise.

Please advise. TIA --

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Mike Fechner on 28-Jan-2015 08:43

How about using Exchange Web Services?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13082
Von: Brian K. Maher [mailto:bounce-maher@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2015 15:39
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] Communicate to Exchange/Outlook from OE Linux ?

Reply by Brian K. Maher

S33,

I would think you need to look towards Microsoft and see what functionality they provide to communicate to/with Outlook from non-Windows based operating systems.  That information will define your options/limitations and from there you can see which of those options 10.2B can support.

Brian

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Marian Edu on 28-Jan-2015 11:41

EWS SDK works if on windowze and can use .net, small gotcha if server has not a valid certificate when a small wrapper is needed cause delegates doesn't work but it's doable - had done email integration for a client using that.

Plain EWS can work even from linux, we have an interface implemented that covers emails, contacts, calendar, tasks for exchange/office365 and even some basic sharepoint/onedrive integration... everything OO, 10.2B should be enough ;)

This thread is closed