"PATCH" rest verb

Posted by Mike Fechner on 16-Jan-2015 04:27

Hi, it does not seem to be possible to use the "PATCH" verb with the OpenEdge REST Adapter - although when mapping the JSON input and OUTPUT to LONGCHAR and not a temp-table/ProDataset I could see that a nice fit.

Are there any blocking issues with implementing PATCH requests with the REST Adapter?

I know that PATCH may now be required for JSDO/OE Mobile/etc.. - but when using the REST Adapter for integration purposes this definitively makes sense.

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 16-Jan-2015 04:27
Posted by Michael Jacobs on 16-Jan-2015 05:44

Hi Mike,
True, you cannot use PATCH and I would never debate with you its potential usefulness.

There are no issues that stand out that would block its adoption other than needing to update the HTTP request mapper and tools.

If PATCH begins being used by the JDSO technology, the REST services will need to comply, and whatever is in the REST services will be available for general REST interoperability.   That is the policy so far.

Perhaps an enhancement request would be appropriate to get the process started ASAP?

Mike J.

[collapse]
Hi, it does not seem to be possible to use the "PATCH" verb with the OpenEdge REST Adapter - although when mapping the JSON input and OUTPUT to LONGCHAR and not a temp-table/ProDataset I could see that a nice fit.

Are there any blocking issues with implementing PATCH requests with the REST Adapter?

I know that PATCH may now be required for JSDO/OE Mobile/etc.. - but when using the REST Adapter for integration purposes this definitively makes sense.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 16-Jan-2015 05:46

Yepp ;-)

Hi, it does not seem to be possible to use the "PATCH" verb with the OpenEdge REST Adapter - although when mapping the JSON input and OUTPUT to LONGCHAR and not a temp-table/ProDataset I could see that a nice fit.

Are there any blocking issues with implementing PATCH requests with the REST Adapter?

I know that PATCH may now be required for JSDO/OE Mobile/etc.. - but when using the REST Adapter for integration purposes this definitively makes sense.

Posted by Bill Wood on 16-Jan-2015 06:22

I will +1 it if you add it in the Ideas section J

This thread is closed