Cross-posted from Deployment forum

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 07-Jan-2015 21:13

Hi you all!!!

Greetings.

I'm newbie to app server. and trying to deploy a webservice , I face the following error:

WSA request error: web server authentication failure.

Mi question would be where are the credentials defined? and which credentials are, anyway?  Are they the user "admin" I use to log to the OE Explorer? I bet no.

Can't find where is the misconfiguration.

I thank any help.

Jorge Olguin

- See more at: https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_deployment/f/21/t/15253.aspx#sthash.VQOVnnD3.dpuf

All Replies

Posted by prmundra on 08-Jan-2015 00:46

Hi Jorge,

One thing you may check is look at the web.xml for your WSA instance.

The web.xml resides inside <Tomcat-Container>\webapps\WSA\WEB-INF

Just search for the <security-constraint> tag. Its commented by-default.

<!--
  <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
       <web-resource-name>wsa1 Admin</web-resource-name>
       <url-pattern>/wsa1/admin/*</url-pattern>
       <http-method>POST</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
       <role-name>PSCAdmin</role-name>
       <role-name>PSCOper</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
    <user-data-constraint>
       <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
    </user-data-constraint>
  </security-constraint>
-->

You need to turn it on in order to make your WSA use the container security mode.
The URL patterns for each one of them corresponds to the operation that you wish to perform.
There are 3 such sections.

1)      WSA Admin Operations (the one that you are trying to perform.

2)      Access to WSA WSDL listing

3)      Access to WSA Service

Please do let us know if this solves your problem.

Thanks,
Piyush

[collapse]