Unable to see Shared AVM project in Project Explorer for PDS

Posted by Rom Elwell on 02-Jan-2015 12:35

Using PDSOE 11.4,  I have imported a workspace achieve file that contains three projects;  2 OE projects and a shared AVM project.  After the import has completed, I can use Project Explorer in PDSOE tosee the two OE projects but not the shared AVM project (settings).  I have tried a Refresh, closing/opening PDSOE, even another import.  The shared AVM folder exists in the file system, however, I can not seem to figure out how to view this project in the Project Explorer of PDSOE.  Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 03-Jan-2015 11:36

You may have to unhide “.resources“ (resources starting with a period)…

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 02-Jan-2015 12:39

File -> Import -> Other -> Existing project into workspace or so. Then point to the folder containing the missing project.
Von: romelwell [mailto:bounce-romelwell@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 2. Januar 2015 19:36
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: [Technical Users - OE Development] Unable to see Shared AVM project in Project Explorer for PDSOE 11.4

Thread created by romelwell

Using PDSOE 11.4,  I have imported an achieve file that contains three projects;  2 OE projects and a shared AVM project.  After the import has completed, I can use Project Explorer in PDSOE tosee the two OE projects but not the shared AVM project (settings).  I have tried a Refresh, closing/opening PDSOE, even another import.  The shared AVM folder exists in the file system, however, I can not seem to figure out how to view this project in the Project Explorer of PDSOE.  Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Rom Elwell on 02-Jan-2015 12:50

Mike, thank you for the info.  I have previously attempted this solution, however, the Import Projects wizard will not allow me to select the '.sharedavm' project because "Some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace".  It would appear the metadata for this workspace is corrupt.  When I attempt to import the .sharedavm project from another source location in the file system, I get the same warning stating "...cannot be imported because they already exist...".  

Posted by Mike Fechner on 02-Jan-2015 17:27

What happens when you hit the „Import working directory as project” button on the Shared AVM property sheet once more?
Von: romelwell [mailto:bounce-romelwell@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 2. Januar 2015 19:51
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] Unable to see Shared AVM project in Project Explorer for PDSOE 11.4

Reply by romelwell

Mike, thank you for the info.  I have previously attempted this solution, however, the Import Projects wizard will not allow me to select the '.sharedavm' project because "Some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace".  It would appear the metadata for this workspace is corrupt.  When I attempt to import the .sharedavm project from another source location on the file system, I get the same warning stating "...cannot be imported because they already exist...".  

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Rom Elwell on 03-Jan-2015 08:24

Mike, Interestingly, that button is disabled and thus I am unable to click on it...  

Posted by Rom Elwell on 03-Jan-2015 09:56

It appears the issue is related to the name of the project.  The project in question is named ".sharedavm".  If I create a new OE Project and name it ".test", it does not display in the Project Explorer.  If I create a new OE Project and name it "test", it DOES display in the Project Explorer.  Is there a known restriction on using special characters in the name for a project?  If I open OE Architect (OE 10.2B08), I can create projects with the same names (.sharedavm, .test) and view them in Project Explorer.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 03-Jan-2015 11:36

You may have to unhide “.resources“ (resources starting with a period)…

Posted by Rom Elwell on 05-Jan-2015 05:25

Mike, this resolved the issue.  Thank you very much for the assistance and the education.

This thread is closed