User id is blank in audit data table

Posted by thomas.rothlisberger on 11-Dec-2014 23:46

I started using audit tables and everything works fine and I get the audit tables created exactly as I wanted with the exception that the user id in the audit table (_aud-audit-data) is blank. I have read through all the available documentation but can't find anything. What am I missing?. thanks

Posted by Chandra Sekhar on 12-Dec-2014 00:08

Hi,

I think you are disabled auditing userids. There is KB 000011096

Thanks and Regards,
Chandu

[collapse]
From: thomas.rothlisberger [mailto:bounce-thomasrothlisberger@community.progress.com]
Sent: 12 December 2014 AM 11:17
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Development] User id is blank in audit data table

Thread created by thomas.rothlisberger
I started using audit tables and everything works fine and I get the audit tables created exactly as I wanted with the exception that the user id in the audit table (_aud-audit-data) is blank. I have read through all the available documentation but can't find anything. What am I missing?. thanks

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 12-Dec-2014 07:09

If the user-id field in the auditing records are blank it is probably because the database is running as the blank user, which is a valid user-id in OpenEdge.

Auditing will record the database's current user-id.   The ways the database's current user-id is set can be one of:
. startup option -db -U x
. setuserid() or set-db-client()   [ if audit application user-id is off ]
. security-policy:set-client()       [ if audit application user-id is on ]

Note: The initial connection events will always reflect the user-id of the connection option's -U.   After the connection is completed it will remain what the initial connection's user-id is until the application code changes it.

Mike J.

[collapse]