REST Adapter - Getting the Remote User's IP Address

Posted by WinningJr on 01-Dec-2014 12:03

Is it possible to get the remote user's IP address from the HTTP Header using the REST adapter? I tried mapping the HTTP Message "Headers" root to an input parameter just to see what I got, and it doesn't contain an IP address. Any secret tricks?

All Replies

Posted by Paul Radbone on 02-Dec-2014 02:09

sorry, gave wrong info!

Posted by WinningJr on 03-Dec-2014 07:00

Bump!  Still unanswered. Trying to get the user's IP address for IP authentication to a REST service.  I'm thinking I'm going to have to do the authentication in a separate WebSpeed service at a this point.

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 03-Dec-2014 07:14

Are you asking about how your application code can filter IP addresses or using the web server's filters?

Posted by WinningJr on 03-Dec-2014 07:20

I want to get the user's IP address in the business entity like you can in Webspeed using REMOTE_ADDR .  It is to authenticate, not to filter.  

Thanks,

Gerry

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 03-Dec-2014 10:34

The REST service does not currently expose the client's socket address to the ABL application code.   We do support mapping 'Servlet Context - servlet request' information to an input parameter.   The servlet request information contains a number of informational fields such as sessionId, RemoteUser, URL paths, etc.   But no client IP Address, which has to originate from the web server's network connector.

Mike J.

Posted by WinningJr on 03-Dec-2014 10:47

Thanks.  Post answered, though I don't see a button or menu choice anywhere to mark it answered.....

This thread is closed