Feedback on support case

Posted by Jens Dahlin on 27-Nov-2014 00:11

Trying to convince support that there's a bug in 11.4, but I thought I'd get some feedback here before trying to escalate the error:

When calling a HTTPS based web service under certain conditions (missing root certificate) the client first produces a number of errors and then it crashes (prowin32.exe has stopped working) because of unhandled exceptions. Support tells me that is excepted behavior.

Installing the correct root certificate solves the actual problem but I think a crash is a bad way to handle it.

Should I try to convince support that this is an actual bug?

All Replies

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 27-Nov-2014 00:15

Are you seeing any protrace file?

Posted by Jens Dahlin on 27-Nov-2014 00:24

No. The only trace i find is in event viewer:

- <Event xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<EventRecordID>69429</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>NAME.domain.local</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>prowin32.exe</Data>

<Data>11.4.0.1294</Data>

<Data>53d2e691</Data>

<Data>prosoap.dll</Data>

<Data>11.4.0.1294</Data>

<Data>53d2efda</Data>

<Data>c0000409</Data>

<Data>0019937a</Data>

<Data>1b14</Data>

<Data>01d0094a80a6f978</Data>

<Data>C:\PROGRESS\OpenEdge\bin\prowin32.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\PROGRESS\OpenEdge\bin\prosoap.dll</Data>

<Data>068c1624-753e-11e4-8a55-a4badbf07d3a</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 27-Nov-2014 00:34

AFAIK, if there is no protrace file, then it is not a crash

Posted by Mike Fechner on 27-Nov-2014 00:47

Sounds buggy to me!

Von meinem Windows Phone gesendet