Push Notifications - which version and where is the document

Posted by oedev on 11-Nov-2014 08:06

Hello All,

Seen some posts about the use of push notifications the ABL, can someone confirm which OE version they are available in and where the documentation is ?

Thanks!

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 11-Nov-2014 08:12

I am using 11.4 and believe that is the first version that supports PN from within ABL. The docs for the ABL side are located under OE Studio help. Just enter "Push" in the search box. There is some incorrect info such as where 'api.mobile.rollbase.com' is referenced. It should be replaced with 'api.appdesigner.rollbase.com'.

We have been testing PN heavily over the past few months and besides some incorrect documentation  and the PN servers going down a few times it appears to do what we need.

I hope this helps.

All Replies

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 11-Nov-2014 08:12

I am using 11.4 and believe that is the first version that supports PN from within ABL. The docs for the ABL side are located under OE Studio help. Just enter "Push" in the search box. There is some incorrect info such as where 'api.mobile.rollbase.com' is referenced. It should be replaced with 'api.appdesigner.rollbase.com'.

We have been testing PN heavily over the past few months and besides some incorrect documentation  and the PN servers going down a few times it appears to do what we need.

I hope this helps.

Posted by Anil Kumar on 11-Nov-2014 09:09

Hi,

We have an issue for this documentation updates and will be fixed in the next version (11.5) of OpenEdge.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: rblanchard [mailto:bounce-rblanchard@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 7:43 PM
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] Push Notifications - which version and where is the documentation?

Reply by rblanchard

I hope this helps.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Peter Judge on 12-Nov-2014 08:18

ABL support for Push notifications was release in 11.4. Mobile AppBuilder support for push notifications was released in the same timeframe.

-- peter

[collapse]
From: rblanchard [mailto:bounce-rblanchard@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 11 November, 2014 09:13
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] Push Notifications - which version and where is the documentation?

Reply by rblanchard

I hope this helps.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed