Problem with DLL File

Posted by fjpomares on 06-Nov-2014 14:38

Hello.

I'm trying to use the routine of a dll file as following:

DEFINE PROCEDURE ToString EXTERNAL "tet_com.dll":

END PROCEDURE.

RUN ToString.

but I get the 3260 error message (Could not find the entrypint ToString). However, if I use the same library in .NET it work Ok. What's wrong?

Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 06-Nov-2014 14:42

If that DLL is a .NET DLL, and you are in OE 10.2B+ then you can just use the classes/types and methods/members inline.

Take a look at the doc about "GUI for .NET".

-- peter

[collapse]
I'm trying to use the routine of a dll file as following:

DEFINE PROCEDURE ToString EXTERNAL "tet_com.dll":

END PROCEDURE.

RUN ToString.

but I get the 3260 error message (Could not find the entrypint ToString). However, if I use the same library in .NET it work Ok. What's wrong?

Thanks.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 06-Nov-2014 14:42

Hi,

Try changing ToString to _ToString.

Brian

[collapse]
I'm trying to use the routine of a dll file as following:

DEFINE PROCEDURE ToString EXTERNAL "tet_com.dll":

END PROCEDURE.

RUN ToString.

but I get the 3260 error message (Could not find the entrypint ToString). However, if I use the same library in .NET it work Ok. What's wrong?

Thanks.

Posted by fjpomares on 07-Nov-2014 05:49

Peter, I'm using 10.1C. How can I know if a DLL can I use it with Progress? Any DLL could be used with Progress, right?

Brian, I have changing ToString to _ToString and I get the same error

Any other option?

Posted by Garry Hall on 07-Nov-2014 07:32

Do you have depends.exe? It comes with Visual Studio. You said you had build with .NET, so I am assuming you have VS. Open tet_com.dll in depends. This will show you the functions available to be called. You can see how the ToString function is exported.

Also, you said ToString can be called from .NET. What does your .NET code look like? Calling unmanaged code from .NET requires a little bit of effort. If you didn’t have to go through this effort, then maybe this is a .NET assembly. This should be obvious from your .NET code. We need to know whether the DLL is a .NET DLL or not before offering any solution.

2 cents,

Garry.

[collapse]