New Pachages/Classes in 11.4 - Undocumented?

Posted by tbergman on 03-Nov-2014 08:32

While checking out 11.4 (we run 11.3 in production) I noticed what appear to be some entirely new Packages when using the Class Browser. These are in OpenEdge.Core.
There are too many here to mention them all but here are a few highlights I noticed.
1) In OpenEdge.Core, classes for Memptr and TimeStamp and many more
2) In OpenEdge.Core.Collections, classes for AbstractTTCollection, StringCollection, ValueCollection
3) In OpenEdge.Core.Util - A MathUtil class with Ceiling and HexToInt methods
4) In OpenEdge.Core.XML - SaxReader class with events, SaxWriter Class

I can't find any of this in the new features docs - Is this supported, usable code? Is there any documentation?

Thanks,

Tom

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 03-Nov-2014 09:11

Hey Tom,

These classes were added to 11.4 to support the mobile Push Notification Service, and were tested for those use-cases.  There are also some classes (the SaxReader for instance) that were added to support the Corticon ABL API. In 11.4 these were moved into common libraries (OpenEdge.Core.pl and others) because they are being reused (also by ABLUnit). OE.Core is in the propath by default, which is why you're seeing it in the Class Browser.

Generally, they are tested and doc'ed for the 'using' or 'calling' features. They are supported for those features and the bulk of the functionality in them is related to those features.

Some of the classes have inline code doc, that can be generated into HTML documentation via the PCT HTMLDocumentation task.

HTH,
-- peter

[collapse]