Nightly builds of progress application with ant

Posted by Rik on 13-Oct-2014 09:46

Hi!

We have just upgraded to 11.4 and want to start using ABLUnit for unit tests.

But the first step for us is to make nightly builds every night and CI builds when someone checks in. We want to build the whole application using ANT script from our TFS server.

11.4 should now support automated nightly builds and unit test (using ABLUnit). But there are very little documentation on this. Are there anybody out there who have already start doing this and have some more information and examples of how to setup this?

I read about the PCT framework. But from 11.4 compiler tools are included in the OpenEdge distribution or is the PCT framework still needed?

Posted by jmls on 13-Oct-2014 09:49

ABLUnit is *not* a CI system - it's for unit testing only

PCT is still definitely needed

Julian

--
Julian Lyndon-Smith
IT Director,

Posted by Mike Fechner on 13-Oct-2014 09:52

And recommended.

Posted by andrew.may on 13-Oct-2014 09:55

… and easy to use J

[collapse]