Loosing records

Posted by Madaks06 on 02-Oct-2014 11:03

Plz help with ..Progress ver 9.0a

sometimes I loose several records entered. How can this be avoided as it dose not happen every day?

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 02-Oct-2014 11:12

You know that 9.0a is prehistoric?

Can you provide more details about how or where records are lost? In the application? Our else how?

Von meinem Windows Phone gesendet

Von: Madaks06
Gesendet: ‎02.‎10.‎2014 18:04
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: [Technical Users - OE Development] Loosing records

Thread created by Madaks06

Plz help with ..Progress ver 9.0a

sometimes I loose several records entered. How can this be avoided as it dose not happen every day?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 02-Oct-2014 11:16

The classic reason for this is having a larger transaction scope than you expect.  I used to see it in some software 20 years or so ago where we had help keys that would leap into some key programs.  Occasionally, people would be in the middle of a screen (back in the days when there was still user IO within a transaction) and they would use one of these keys to leap over to some other function, do a bunch of work, and then hit F4 to finish.  Instead of ending up back at the menu like they expected, they would end back in the screen they leapt from.  Not thinking, they would hit F4 again to get out, thereby undoing the initial transaction and undoing all the work they had done in the other screen.

This thread is closed