How to override procedure updateRecord in ADM2?

Posted by sajala on 09-Sep-2014 06:12

Hello all,

I have read from one post that we can override the procedure cancelRecord.But when I create a new procedure and selected Override, the drop-down list do not show cancelRecord.

Can anybody please help me this out? Actually I need to override procedure updateRecord.

Regards,

Sajala Maharjan

Posted by sajala on 09-Sep-2014 23:19

updateRecord is the procedure in datavis.p so I put the override procedure in smart viewer and it worked.

Regards,

Sajala

All Replies

Posted by PeterWokke on 09-Sep-2014 06:25

Some procedures can be implemented by adding them to your smart object like dataavailable.

You do not find this as an override option in the list either.

They will be triggered if they are there. It could be for this procedure as well.

Regards, Peter

Posted by sajala on 09-Sep-2014 23:19

updateRecord is the procedure in datavis.p so I put the override procedure in smart viewer and it worked.

Regards,

Sajala

Posted by PeterWokke on 10-Sep-2014 02:04

For the dataAvailable I can give you an example.

Add a new procedure in the smartWindow named dataAvailable.

This procedure needs and input parameter

DEFINE INPUT  PARAMETER pcRelative AS CHARACTER  NO-UNDO.

Use the function validDataAvailable on the view object (smartview or smartbrowser to limit the number of times the procedure is triggered ( by initialization, the dataoject and the view object. You prefer to run your code each time it come available in your view object.

IF DYNAMIC-FUNCTION('validDataAvailable':U IN h_vo_harvest-settlement, INPUT pcRelative) THEN

DO:

END..

In the initializeObject you subcribe to the smart data object.

Or in the PostCreateObjects if the object is linked to pages.

SUBSCRIBE TO 'dataAvailable':U IN h_do_harvest-settlement.

This is the basic structure for dataAvailable.

Regards,

Peter

This thread is closed