Shared run configurations are missing

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 05-Sep-2014 05:18

Hi

I have created run configurations and shared them by enabling the sharing on the last tab. That created the *.launch files as expected and I checked it into source control.

After creating a new workspace and checking the projects out, the *.launch files are there, but the run configurations are not visible in the Run Conficurations... dialog. But if I try to create a new one and give it the same name as the one in the apparently ignored ?????.launch file, I get an error telling met that it is a duplicate.

How do I make them (and the external tool configurations, for that matter) visible again?

Posted by Anil Kumar on 05-Sep-2014 05:45

Hi Simon,

The ‘Run Configuration’ dialog by default filters the closed/deleted/unavailable project’s Run/Debug configurations from this dialog. Following are the set of steps to make them visible in the configuration dialog.

-          Open Run Configuration dialog

o   Run -. Run Configurations…

-          Click on drop down option of ‘filter launch configurations…’

-          Uncheck ‘Filter Closed Projects’ and ‘Filter Deleted/Unavailable projects’ options

-          Now they are shown properly under specific section (say ‘Progress OpenEdge Application’)

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: Simon L. Prinsloo [mailto:bounce-simonvidisolvecom@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 3:49 PM
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Development] Shared run configurations are missing

Thread created by Simon L. Prinsloo

Hi

I have created run configurations and shared them by enabling the sharing on the last tab. That created the *.launch files as expected and I checked it into source control.

After creating a new workspace and checking the projects out, the *.launch files are there, but the run configurations are not visible in the Run Conficurations... dialog. But if I try to create a new one and give it the same name as the one in the apparently ignored ?????.launch file, I get an error telling met that it is a duplicate.

How do I make them (and the external tool configurations, for that matter) visible again?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 05-Sep-2014 05:45

Hi Simon,

The ‘Run Configuration’ dialog by default filters the closed/deleted/unavailable project’s Run/Debug configurations from this dialog. Following are the set of steps to make them visible in the configuration dialog.

-          Open Run Configuration dialog

o   Run -. Run Configurations…

-          Click on drop down option of ‘filter launch configurations…’

-          Uncheck ‘Filter Closed Projects’ and ‘Filter Deleted/Unavailable projects’ options

-          Now they are shown properly under specific section (say ‘Progress OpenEdge Application’)

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: Simon L. Prinsloo [mailto:bounce-simonvidisolvecom@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 3:49 PM
To: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Development] Shared run configurations are missing

Thread created by Simon L. Prinsloo

Hi

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 05-Sep-2014 05:54

Thanks Anil. This solved my problem.

This thread is closed