How to set specific fonts for a workspace.

Posted by PeterWokke on 01-Sep-2014 05:06

For application development in the appbuilder you can specify fonts in the ini file that you use when you start up the appbuilder.

From the PSDOE you can develope with the appbuilder perspective. How can you use different ini files for eclipse or can you set additional font setting somewhere as properties for the workstace?

All Replies

Posted by Keerthy Yeddula on 01-Sep-2014 06:31

Hi Peter,

In PDSOE, you can change the fonts for a workspace from preferences window. This can be done from General -> Appearance -> Colors and Fonts preferences page.

Regards,

Keerthy.

Posted by PeterWokke on 01-Sep-2014 06:47

Hi Keertthy,

I have found this part in the properties. But I have to set the progress font settings so I can add the font specs from font 8 and larger so I can compile my source without error 4499.

font8=tahoma, size=14

font9=tahoma, size=10

Normally this is in the ini file. Could set it in the progress.ini but I would like to specify it differently for each workspace. And I am not sure if the progress.ini is used in the PSDOE.

Hope for your replay.

Regards Peter

Posted by andrew.may on 01-Sep-2014 07:07

You can configure a project’s AVM (or the Workspace’s default AVM) to use a specified .ini file by specifying “-ininame MyIniFile.ini” on the AVM startup parameters.

Workspace shared AVM settings are here:
Window>Preferences>Progress OpenEdge>Configure Shared AVM Preferences>

Project-specific AVM settings are here:
Project>Properties>Progress OpenEdge>Startup parameters

For run configurations, if the run is set to use the project/shared AVM then no config is required.
If using a run-specific AVM then you can configure it here
Run>Run Configurations>..select your run config…>”Startup” tab>Ini File:>

[collapse]
I have found this part in the properties. But I have to set the progress font settings so I can add the font specs from font 8 and larger so I can compile my source without error 4499.

font8=tahoma, size=14

font9=tahoma, size=10

Normally this is in the ini file. Could set it in the progress.ini but I would like to specify it differently for each workspace. And I am not sure if the progress.ini is used in the PSDOE.

Hope for your replay.

Regards Peter

Posted by Ramadevi Dhavala on 01-Sep-2014 07:14

Hi,

PDSOE reads .ini files. For each  workspace, you can mention a different ini file Using 'Default startup parameters' option in preferences window. Navigate to Window->Preferences->Progress OpenEdge->Startup.

For example, specify value as follows: -ininame "C:\Progress\OpenEdge\progress.ini"

Regards,

Rama.

This thread is closed